PDA

View Full Version : 06 z400 idling high after dynojet install

drgnerth
03-10-2007, 08:40 AM
After jetting an 06 z it idles really high. The idle adjust doesn't change anything so we took off the side plate to check if was even was working and it was, rechecked to make sure the needle was in right and it was , tried adjusting the a/f screw, the only thing that will make it idle down is if you push the slide that the needle sticks down threw up with your fingers. Any ideas?

DVXDUDE
03-10-2007, 02:34 PM
you gotta give us more info...

what kind of exhaust,elevation and what jets you used...

did you change the pilot jet???

turn the air screw in til its only like 1.5 turns out and see if that makes any difference...

did your exhaust come wit any jettin recommendations?? some you need to change the pilot jet and some you dont...sounds like thats the problem too me...

the fat kid
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
mine idled really high when i brought it home i just turned the idle screw thing out a lil.

drzoo2
03-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by drgnerth
After jetting an 06 z it idles really high. The idle adjust doesn't change anything so we took off the side plate to check if was even was working and it was, rechecked to make sure the needle was in right and it was , tried adjusting the a/f screw, the only thing that will make it idle down is if you push the slide that the needle sticks down threw up with your fingers. Any ideas?

What clip is your needle set to? If to low it maybe feeding into your idle circuit. Should be in the middle.
Also check to see that the rubber on the float is seated and isn't binding at the top of the cap and not letting it drop down all the way.

drgnerth
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Somehow the throttle cable just nneded adjust, it was holding the throttle open.

DVXDUDE
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
ha, ya that would do it

i should of thought of that