PDA

View Full Version : Problems

IOWAracer
03-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I am having trouble getting my yfz to start everything is fine except the button wont do a dmn thing dosent click try to turn over or anything any ideas as to what might be the problem battery has full juice i raced it at a mud race 2 weeks ago where it dided on me and wouldnt start back up withou crossing the solenoid idk anyone have any ideas i do have a new trail tech harness on the way as well but want to know whats wrong so i can fix it to ride today!

broc

cdale2002
03-10-2007, 07:14 AM
It sounds like your selenoid is either sticking or has taken a crap. Tap the selenoid with the end of a screw driver and see is breaks free to start working again or otherwise replace the selenoid.

lost boyz
03-10-2007, 09:41 AM
check all your grounds....

check the ground its located on your clutch cable down by the motor...i forgot to do this and had no "click" either untill i noticed it and NOW it fine!

exvetrider
03-11-2007, 09:50 PM
if you ride in the mud the starter button will not make a good connection.just take it apart,clean it up good and fill it full of dielectric grease.i have had two yfzs and it has happened to both of them

IOWAracer
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
yea i fixed it today i got pissed and beat the start box with the end of a screw driver and finally it broke loose and started to fire