PDA

View Full Version : race car woes

1fst400
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm getting ready for race car season today, dug my car out of the snow bank. It is a 95 civic 16 valve. I tinker with a cupple things, start it warm it up. Do some hot laps around the garage and it develops a skip after 20 minutes or so. So I let it idle while I get out to pop the hood. Car starts smoking wicked bad, and smoke burns my throat.

I take the spark plugs to revel that one of my cylinders is full of anit freez. Wups!!. I drained the coolant and blew out the system with air. then dumped oil doun the cylinder and cranked the motor over some.

My guess is that the head gasket blew out. I havent had the cylinder head off on a honda yet, Im used to 8v VW stuff. Cant be to hard. While I have the head off I was thinking of shaving it some also, bump up the compression, but still want pump gas.

81 clark racing
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
if you take your radaitor (sp) cap off and look down in you will see a chalky brownish white residue if its your head gasket. at least this is what ive have saw when a head gasket goes. also i race cars what class and what track do you race at?

1fst400
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I race enduro at monadnock speedway in winchester NH.

Two guys on the race team race pro stock, one used to race mini stock, two other guys run 4cylinder enduro.

Enduro races are a blast, full contact racing. more or less a demo derby in circles.

We go up to groveton NH for the frost bite 400lap race every year. This year a guy on the team got 2nd and won 2,000$.

When I drained the coolant it did not have any oil in it.

firefighterjosh
03-10-2007, 02:45 AM
ether its a head gasket or you cracked the head

81 clark racing
03-10-2007, 04:40 AM
yup i race the endours at hudson speedway same thing demo dereby haha.