PDA

View Full Version : is a heavyduty cam chain supposed to make a scraping noise?

hotlicks
03-09-2007, 01:05 AM
just installed a new heavy duty cam chain (4 row) . Sounds like every revolution of the chain it makes a noise. Could the heavy duty cam chain be rubbing something due to being wider? I checked the tentioner and it is fine. I adjusted the valves and they are fine. Any help is appreciated.

PismoLocal
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Mine makes no noise what so ever. Did you install the cam chain tensioner correctly? Also when I installed my HD chain I put it so the unused part of the chain is on the opposite side of the cam sprocket as the cylinder. I hope it helps.

Hopefully one of the more knowledgable members on the site can chime in like GPracer or Wilkin.

kalebarellano
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I put one in mine a couple weeks ago, and it doesn't make noise. I would think your problem would have something to do with the tensioniser, or maybe cam chain guides.

hotlicks
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Just removed the top and there does not appear to be any wear marks on the chain. The tensioner is extened out too and looks fine. Do the cam chain plastic guides wear out? Could the metal inside the guide be rubbing the chain?
Your help is appreciated.