PDA

View Full Version : Track Conditions at Breezewood

dan harris
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Well we got 6" of snow on Wednesday. Alot of the snow melted on Thursday, then I spent the afternoon plowing the snow off the tracks. They call for 40° temps on Friday and 50° - 60° temps on Saturday and Sunday. I think the tracks will dry out and be fair on Saturday and Good on Sunday.

This is what they looked like at noon on Thursday.

dan harris
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
This is what the tracks looked like when I finished plowing at 5pm Thursday. I'll post a friday afternoon Picture tomorrow.

coolguy8769
03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
looks good dan, i'm droppin my bike of at the service shop tomorrow cause i just dont have the time to bleed the brakes and adjust the chain and figure out a few little things with work and school.

should be pickin it up satruday and be up there early sunday morning, im gonna have mixed feeling gettin her dirty but its all good...:p

dan harris
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I'll do what I can to make the track as sweet as possible. Getting the snow off was a great start.

WhiteYFZ
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
looks good dan! i wanna ride!!

dan harris
03-09-2007, 05:50 AM
8am Suns out doing its job melting the snow awa so we can ride. I'll post pictures of the progress this evening.

quadracer707
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey Dan,

Iam taking my son & 1-2 friends & there quads up for Sunday. I will be taking up our toy trailer, what is the earliest to come up orif i left late Sat. early Sun. (remember daylight savings time) can we just pull in & crash till time to go practicing. The boys cant wait to try & rip it up. My sons arm is still swollen from Budds Creek last weekend. Look for black dually Ford, pulling trailer. Both
YFZ 450's #707 & #202. Maybe a Honda also 450r

Look foward to meeting you all.

WADE's DAD

TheFontMaster
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Here in Blairsville it was beautiful out. We had a little less snow than you did and it's almost all gone now. This would be an awsome weekend to ride. I would be up there if mine was running!

JRP
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
hey wades dad, is this your son next to me?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me9.jpg

oh and cant wait to ride at BPG!!!

dan harris
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well this is a picture taken around noon today.

dan harris
03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
This shot of the dining hall track was taken around 4:30pm. Snows melting but its wet out there.

dan harris
03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
This group of riders showed up at 9am this morning ready to ride - for 3 days !!! Over here from Tower City they are staying in their enclosed trailer for two nights and 3 days of riding!!

........If you come out this weekend - tell 'em you saw them here!! They are camped out on the blacktop.

dan harris
03-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Weather forecast has changed, only suppose to be 45 - 50 tomorrow and only 45 on Sunday.

Les Davis
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Keep the updates coming Dan. If I get back from the Eastern Shore early on Sunday me and Jason might be heading up. If not were playing hooky from work this week and heading up. 60 deg. on Wednesday baby

Gotta tame the ski jump before it's gone:blah: :devil:

wvspeedfreak
03-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Dan,we are looking forward to getting back up there real soon.Austin is wanting to ride Baaaaad.

Ripitupfilms
03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
keep us updated on the conditions tommarow.. awesome updates so far

outacontrol
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
not to get off the subject here dan, but what are going to be your changes for the dining hall track this spring? i know you mentioned the downhill, but you changing the ski jump? I hope your not changing the upper track, i love that one!

quadracer707
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
yes that is him

MX MaNiAc 06
03-09-2007, 07:57 PM
How will the riding be next weekend?

YFZRB
03-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Looks great Dan!

I'm gonna ride up here today and try to get the feel of the new set up

the weather is warm, cloudy........and muddy :ermm:

dan harris
03-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Tracks look much better this morning then they did last night. I'm hoping once everyone here wakes up and starts riding they will dry out and be real nice for Sunday.

.......Next Weekend - I'm no weather forecaster - But this time of year the weather should be improving and getting warmer every week.

Quadracer 707, good luck with your pap. I'll see you on sunday if you make it.

dan harris
03-10-2007, 06:11 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>> Track Changes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well the first thing we need to do is name the tracks so everyone knows what track is what??

But anyway the track across from the dining hall will be getting some changes over the next couple weeks, getting it ready for the big race May 26th.

The first change is taking out the whole downhill section coming out of the woods, the small table at the top in the woods will be gone and the ski jump halfway down the hill is going to be gone. Instead I'm gonnna make it one long hill with a very small lip at the top, allowing you to jump 2 feet or 100, depending how fast you go. -----I know I love the downhill jump too, but its just going to be too dangerous being right after the first turn in the race.

I'll be widening the jump in front of the dining hall and the step up before it. The two side by side doubles after the big uphill jump will be changed making the inside line the bigger jump and the outside line will be whoops or something like that for people that don't want to do the big double. The outside line will take longer though.

Not real sure what other changes will be made. I usually come up with stuff while I'm on the dozer changing something else. I'm hoping the ground will thaw this weekend and next week I can start the work.

To see what else I'm doing - come on out and ride.

05Z400rdr
03-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
To see what else I'm doing - come on out and ride.

Hey Dan! that's awesome to hear all of the maintanence you do to the tracks!...espescially for the rider's benefits! I am waiting for my shocks to be sent back to me, but I am going to try and have them back by next weekend, so I will probably/hopefully be up there next weekend on my ltr! if i go, ill most likely be with kelly and zach winters. also, since my birthday is march 30, i would like to get a bunch of friends together and all of us go up that weekend for the 'event'. plus, im just gonna try to go almost every weekend anyways since i cant race this year.

see you soon,
Landon

JRP
03-10-2007, 07:07 AM
wow it sounds really sick dan! cant wait to come out there and ride!

coolguy8769
03-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Dan looks like i'm not gonna be able to make it out....

this seems to bea theme this winter, NOTHING has worked out easy or on time with this bike. The service shop said they would pull threw and have it done by sat afternoon and well they didnt.....

they cant get to it till monday, figures they few thing i cant do on my own is what screws me over, BUT i'll be there next weekend for sure (possable all weekend)

Ripitupfilms
03-10-2007, 03:39 PM
just go pick your quad up you dont need to pay someone to adjust your chain or bleed your brakes

czrider263
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Can't wait to come up to ride again.

coolguy8769
03-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
just go pick your quad up you dont need to pay someone to adjust your chain or bleed your brakes

i can do those but that wasnt the reason its there, it wont start. since it was going to be there i just told them to do those also

Legrand18
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Mannnn Two badd spills today!! Im on a rule!! Loooool

dan harris
03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Tracks finally dried out some by midday on Sunday. The 40 riders that came out ended up getting some good air time in.

bigbadbubba
03-11-2007, 08:14 PM
i cant find ur place on mapquest

dan harris
03-11-2007, 08:17 PM
They call for good weather this week and I'll be out grooming up the tracks so they are in top shape by the weekend. I'll be here all week if anyone wants to come out for a weekday ride.

dan harris
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
If your using mapquest, put in Breezewood then follow our directions on the website to the park. If you put the parks address in mapquest it sends you to no mans land !!!!???

wvspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Dan,is the kids track in good shape right now?

Les Davis
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Dan, you going to be around Wednesday afternoon? Were thinking about heading up for the day to get a little riding in.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Well im gonna pray for no rain and try to come over the weekend.

the freak
03-11-2007, 10:45 PM
les im in for a ride on wednesday

the freak
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
les im in wed. dog

YFZRB
03-12-2007, 05:34 AM
40 riders ?! Nice turnout! :eek2: :D

NPelletier
03-12-2007, 05:48 AM
if those are picsfrom the weekend whoa, that place dried up fast.....wish i could join you guys but NH is too far away:ermm:

quadracer707
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey Dan,

Thanx for a great time. Those pics you put up jumping were both WADE, on his YFZ 450. Finally got everyting working right.
For everyone's information that has not been there.
Map quest will get you exactly there using the breezewoods address on there website, it took us right to to his road leading in, & we drove in 2:00am Sunday morning. Dan is one heck of a host I woke up 7:00 am to look around & he came out coffee in hand, started up his bulldozer & bullshi!! with me for about a 1/2 hour. then on bulldozer scrapping off mud & actually drying out track. Dan you should do video & send out to other tracks, cause most guys just move mud from 1 spot to another, anyway, Dans wife would chase him all over, I think giving him his JAVA. I dont think he got of the dozer until at least 11:00, constintally geting the main track dried.

My son & his friend loved your track & jumps. Beware 2 wheel vehicles stay out of the MUD or you will get pulled out by a dozer.

Anyway, guys looking to go there for the 1st time well worth it, from our end 4 hours down, fog was really bad 20 mph on 76 & 81
3 hours 15 minutes home. Wish I had better company coming home both boys SORE & TIRED. They slept all the home after stopping at Perkins to eat & fuel up, but had the radio all to myself. Again I hope we can make it down sometime soon, when they are not racing.

Thanx WADE BROCK & KEN

Ripitupfilms
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
next time u guys are gona have to pick me up on the way there:D

Pappy
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Dan-O, I just got the word that Akraix will be making your facilty a stop on their filming tour this season! Expect a call from them shortly to arrange things!!!!

wvspeedfreak
03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Dan-O, I just got the word that Akraix will be making your facilty a stop on their filming tour this season! Expect a call from them shortly to arrange things!!!!

That is sweet they are going to be filming there :macho

MX MaNiAc 06
03-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Is Breezewood ready for SSGs over the uphill?

05Z400rdr
03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
so is it true that pappy or some1 else is up at breezewood every weekend taking pictures?? some1 told me that he is and then at the end of the day, i can buy a cd from him with all of the pics of me on it..?

cuz im goin up this saturday..n i may be interested........

dan harris
03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Tracks are dry, I'm working on grooming them up now!! Wednesday looks like the day to ride !!!

Les Davis
03-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Dan are both tracks going to be open on Wednesday? I think me Jason and Scott are heading up sometime after lunch.

Pappy
03-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
so is it true that pappy or some1 else is up at breezewood every weekend taking pictures?? some1 told me that he is and then at the end of the day, i can buy a cd from him with all of the pics of me on it..?

cuz im goin up this saturday..n i may be interested........

i try and be there every day i can! depending on teh weathe, this saturday would work as we could hang out and then head to a race on sunday from there

Yes jason, they want to use the BPG tracks in the next movie!

quad2xtreme
03-13-2007, 05:16 AM
I just watched The Fallout Volume 2. I've had it sitting on my desk for a month waiting to send to Dan. I better hurry up so he can mod the tracks...I think he will need to point the 65 uphill toward the back track so they can jump the pond. :D

Sucks not being 2 1/2 hours from Breezewood anymore. Dan just keeps making it better and better all the time and really going all out for the riders who show up.

/Jon

dan harris
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
All tracks open and Ready to Ride.

Pappy
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
All tracks open and Ready to Ride.

we are planning on coming up saturday!

coolguy8769
03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
we are planning on coming up saturday!

plan to see you there, cody bringing the 400?

Pappy
03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
the boys will probably bring the bikes. we were going to hit actiontown, but im tired of driving after laying down over 3500 miles in the last 7 days:p

coolguy8769
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
the boys will probably bring the bikes. we were going to hit actiontown, but im tired of driving after laying down over 3500 miles in the last 7 days:p

haha sounds like your pickin the better option. since you live right next to TMX are they still letting quads on the big track?

Pappy
03-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
haha sounds like your pickin the better option. since you live right next to TMX are they still letting quads on the big track?

i heard they let quads run the kids track...excuse me...the new quad track:rolleyes: i havent run into many folks on quads that want to give them any business, but they sure are happy to call me after being refered to BPG:cool:

coolguy8769
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
haha yea i hate to bring their name up in a BPG thread. I went there the FIRST weekend they had the "quad" track. i was pissed, i was the ONLY, may i repeat ONLY, person there and he wouldnt let me go on the big track over the summer. i packed up 5 minutes later and left. Now I only go to the races they have there and thats not by choice but for points

dan harris
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry no pics tonight.

......I made some changes today but forgot to take before shots. I'll have the after shots posted tomorrow night. I started changing the doubles that are side by side on the dining hall track. Now the inside double is bigger and will hold water like a water jump. The outside line, I believe will be a medium sized table top.

dan harris
03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
The tracks are dry and draining very well. Any rain we get will just roll off the tracks.

......Keep in mind the dining hall will not be open until the last weekend in March. (Spring fling Weekend).

dan harris
03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
AWESOME TRACK CONDITIONS TODAY:

............IF YOUR ON A FRIGGIN SNOWMOBILE!!!!!

450robot
03-17-2007, 12:27 PM
would you ever hold a sno-x event? my buddies have a few revs and phazers they'd like to try haha

dan harris
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
We really don't get that much snow here. It's pretty unpredictable. Plus having an event like that would most likely require making snow to continually put on the tracks as the sleds push it off or melt it.

..........I'll definately consider having a mud cross next weekend if it don't dry out by then??