PDA

View Full Version : slowing down out of corner

sdr
03-08-2007, 08:25 PM
on a flattrack, the bike is coming out of the corner like a rocket, but the it slows down for a few seconds, then speeds back up until the next corner then acts up again, anyone know why?

newnick
03-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Think it might be the carb is not getting enough fuel to it?

Rekd
03-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Floats sticking? Perhaps a peice of sand stuck in a jet? Fuel line clogged? Filter?

Hard to predict.

mxdad423
03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
sounds to me like it is in the jetting of the carb., if I am reading your post correctly it sounds like the main jet is too lean, pull your plug and see how it is burning (should be a choclate brown color), if it is a white color you are too lean, if it is a black color it is too rich. FYI the pilot jet controls from idle to about 1/4 throttle than the needle picks up and goes to about 1/2 throttle than your main jet takes over to full throttle, now thats not exact they all overlap each other a bit. So if your coming out of the corner good than loosing it that means it is on top end witch would be in the main jetting. Hope that helps.....

sdr
03-10-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks, i will try messing with it again, i had a 115 jet, then put a 120,still acting up so put a 130 , was alright then started acting up again , this oklahoma weather really is hard to predict. thanks again too everybody.

WOLFPACK
03-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Have you checked your reeds? How fresh is the motor? We recently had a customer with a similar issue it ended up being crank bearings going bad.

Shane

newnick
03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Would help if we had more info about the motor, stock carb,pipe, trans mods etc.

sdr
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
this is going to sound wrong but it was the pilot jet, i changed it and it ran fine, then come to find out that, it had some trash in it, sounds pretty goofy to me, because i just freshend up the motor. thanks again

larry akers
08-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Check your crank seals. I have had a few bikes do the same thing and i replaced the seals and everything was fine. When i put the bikes on a dyno and reved the motor up i was creating a vacuum leak which will affect jetting. Hope that helps its a pretty cheap fix if thats it.