PDA

View Full Version : Difference from stock hedder and aftermarket

JaguarKnight
10-04-2002, 07:08 AM
Its me agian guys. As you can probably tell I am new to atving. ;) Could someone tell me what exactly is the difference in a stock hedder and an aftermarket hedder ? Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your help. :D

10-04-2002, 07:30 AM
Oh boy this thread's gonna be another heated debate...:devil There are many different opinions on this subject so here's my view of it. The difference in stock & aftermarket headers are the bends in the pipe as it comes out of the head..,,some come straight out,, bend and go back,,these would be mor for torque..sparks and LRD for example have these. I run a FMF powerbong..one pipe dips down and the other turns back more sharply...this is more of a mid and top-end header. Also some aftermarkets headers have a larger diameter which means more gases can escape faster which means more power,,but this works better on a built motor than a stock motor. Some engine builders recommend the stock header over all other header pipes. I can say I noticed a difference when I added my powerbong on the stock motor..:blah

JaguarKnight
10-04-2002, 07:24 PM
What the real question is .... Is the gain from the aftermarket hedder worth about $200 ? Lol .

RAPTORAZ
10-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JaguarKnight
What the real question is .... Is the gain from the aftermarket hedder worth about $200 ? Lol .

NO.

Bean
10-04-2002, 10:47 PM
in the shortrun, it inst worth 200$, but in the long run, if u mod out the motor alot, it is worth it

Lorduss
10-04-2002, 10:50 PM
this is how i break it down, Price per HP gain, its a waist of money to do early on, buy the things like slip on pipe, filter, jet kit, other items, like piston, cams.. when your going for every last bit of HP, find a header suited to your engine and your powerband prefence.

Big - D Racing
10-05-2002, 01:03 AM
If looking for a header I have a fmf powerbomb with about 2 hours on it for $170 shipped to your door.

mopar 400
10-05-2002, 09:47 PM
I also have a power bomb for sale thats jet hot ceramic coated(looks like chrome) that im selling for $150.00 it looks better then new ones. it also stays cooler .pm me i ran it may be ten times.