PDA

View Full Version : blaster dont like when give it gas :( help?

theskater101388
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
so whenever i give my blaster gas it just cuts out as if somethings being restricted maybe. it idles fine and i can adjust the idle speed and make it rev higher and lower and stuff, but when i hit the throttle it cuts out. the only way i can sorta give it gas is when i go VERY slow with the throttle, to the point where u can hardly see it moving when i push it. even when i do that i can only get the rpm's maybe halfway up because any higher and it cuts out.
i warmed it up before trying obviously, replaced the spark plug, cleaned the whole carb out (to the best of my abilities), and put fresh gas in it and still nothing. any other suggestions would be appreciated because im all out and i really just want to ride it again. i have a feeling its something really small/stupid so im just hoping someone can lead me to the answer. THANKS in advance.

C-LEIGH RACING
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Is the T.O.R.S. system still on the bike, ??? has anybody unpluged the tors trying to disable it. Sometimes on different year models when its unpluged the engine will run like your saying your is.
Have seen people mis match ignition parts from different year models (which wont work) & cause the engine to do like that.
If for some reason the carb was flooding while the engine is cut off, it could puddle gas in the crankcase & cause the engine to do like your saying.
The spark plug cap can cause it as well.
Neil

theskater101388
03-08-2007, 06:40 PM
i forgot to mention its a 2001 if that changes anything.
im pretty positive the t.o.r.s. is still connected.
how would i go about checking to see if the gas is puddled in the crankcase. im gonna guess its an elaborate/complicated thing to do? if it isnt too complicated do u think u can expand on what ur talking about with that. like could that happen if lets say i tried kickingstarting it alot of times while the ignition was off or the kill switch was off or somethin along those lines?

C-LEIGH RACING
03-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Puddling is when to much fuel enters the engine, more than what it take for the engine to run & just sits in the bottom of the crankcase till you start the engine.
When a 2 stroke has puddled fuel & you start the engine, it might idle ok but when you start to open the throttle some the crank starts to rotate faster, churning up that puddled fuel, pushing it up through the ports, & the engine just cant rev up because the engine is realy flooded with gas.

Normally this wont just happen to a good running engine. With the engine not running & when the float needle in the carb wont shut the fuel off, the float bowl over fills & fuel spills out into the venturi of the carb & then the fuel flows down into the engine through the intake & reed.

Trash in the gas & sometimes a petcock that wont shut the fuel off will cause the float needle to do this.

A bike thats been sitting a good while, say 6 months to a year with gas still in it, that gas will go stail & turn gummie & stick the float needle.
Thats what puddling is & some of the things that cause it.

Have you ever seen gas run out the overflow tubes onto the ground after you turned the petcock on & before you cranked the engine ???.

Did you ever say what size main jet the carb has in it.
Neil

theskater101388
03-09-2007, 12:19 PM
na gas never overflowed out of the tubes.
i dont know wut size main jet i have in there, but, heres the story of events on wut happened with the quad pretty much:
basically the nut on the crankshaft that holds on the cylinder with the magnets in it on the left side of the motor (when sitting on it) came loose, causing the woodruff key to break inside, and that threw off the ignition timing i think people said it was, and it wouldnt start. after i figured out that was the problem, i replaced the key, and it started up again and idles, but just dies out whenever i give it gas. it doesnt make sense, to me atleast, because the two really shouldnt be affected by eachother, unless im missing something. thats wut idont get, like its not like i swapped out jets and its just a matter of bad jetting/tuning. like the woodruff key broke and i replaced it and then this problem occured out of nowhere right when i fixed it.
ANY IDEAS?
thanks

newnick
03-09-2007, 12:58 PM
You might be sucking air in the seal on that side of the motor if you don't have any carb issues.

theskater101388
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
so should i just check the rubber seal around the cover on that side? it doesnt seem like it can really suck air into there or would do anything even if air was sucked into it.... can u elaborate on that abit if possible, thanks

C-LEIGH RACING
03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
The flywheel & stator on the inside run real close together & if the flywheel was loose & flopping around it probably was hitting the stator & messed that up + add to that all the metal shavings that the flopping flywheel scraped off & that now is stuck to the magnets & the ignitions probably not working right.

You need to pull that flywheel back off & see how much damage is done on the inside.
Neil

tmoney
03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
NO! dont tear it apart, check your parking brake, has it been taken off, if it has check to see if there is a black rubber end with a metal piece sticking out the top that metal piece must be pushed down, it might be on the front frame bar,I went through that same problem your having today, who woulda thunk it? parking brake wire

theskater101388
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
tmoney - i dont think 01 blasters have parking brakes
c-leigh racing - alright ill check to see how much if any damage was done and see wuts up then let ya know.
thanks

woodsracer144
03-09-2007, 09:59 PM
on my 01 some times i can be ridein in and go to start again and it will run and spit and sputter, likethe plug is fouled, but its not, i just hit the gas really hard a few times and it stops, and then it will rev after a wile andi just clup teh cluch in so i dont kill it and then i lay on it and it runs fine then.

theskater101388
03-10-2007, 05:03 AM
ive tried giving it quick hard hits of gas but before i can even give it gas it dies out like the first millimeter i move the throttle

newnick
03-10-2007, 07:03 AM
The seal I was reffering to is between the crankshaft and the case, behind the stator. If it's got a bad leak it will suck air into the motor and lean it out. While your checking the stator you can give it a look. You probly couldn't tell if it was bad without doing a leakdown test.

Xater
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
make sure the reeds are still good

theskater101388
03-14-2007, 07:39 PM
alright the problem is fixed, i dont even know for sure what it was. i brought it to my guys shop and he fixed it by unplugging something in the front by the handlebars, he said it had something to do with the electronics and the carb and that it shorted out causing it to not work properly. it might have been a 3 pronged plug or maybe just a big plug but i didnt even look hard cuz i was too excited that it actually worked i didnt bother asking questions yet. can anyone elaborate on this if they have heard of the problem, he said it really isnt important and happened on his banshee i think and he did the same thing. the quad ran fine for like 15 minutes when we were ridin it around. so does anyone know of what exactly this plug did??

C-LEIGH RACING
03-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Sounds like the TORS system is what he has unplugged. The switch he said went out was probably the micro switch located in the thum throttle.
You can test the micro switch with a multi meter set at ohms, the switch is an open or closed type switch.
Neil

theskater101388
03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
aight so its pretty much not anything important that i need to worry about in the long run, thanks

woodsracer144
03-15-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah some times you think its something big and its not its easy, like my buddy was workin on a OLD polaris scrambler 250 3 wheeler. and it wouldnt run worth crap after you got past half throttle, and he rebuilt the whole topend and put about 500 bucksin it and then the guy got it back and took it to a polaris dealer and they replaced a light becasue my buddy thought it wasnt worth rebplacing if he coulnt get it and they replaced it and it ran really good then