View Full Version : race MX... or get a bike

trick250r
03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
so for the past couple of months, ive been contemplating selling the quad and buying a street bike; most likely a CBR 600 or something of that sort. if you think about it, if i want to ride, i have to pack up and travel a good 50 miles to the closest MX track that allows quads. i live in the city so riding at my house is out. thats why ive been wondering if i should just get a bike... i mean instead of packing up and going to a track, i could just open the garage and go for a ride. plus a lot of my buddies have bikes, my uncle and his friends always want me to go with them when they go for a cruise (of course they have harleys and thats not quite my style but a biker is a biker), my girlfriends dad rides a lot... im 17, i have a job and a car already. its just not feasible for me to keep the quad and get a bike. what would you guys do? also, for the people that say sell the quad and get the bike, any insight on street bikes would be appreciated... i really dont follow them a lot. thanks guys.

Kickstarts-suck
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
i would check out how much insurance is first :eek2:

trick250r
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
im not worried about insurance. i may not be able to afford both but i can afford insurance for the bike. this i do know.

Mean250r
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
well its up to you, im probably selling my quad in the near future to pay for mods for my car. Sometimes you just gotta move on, but if you do get a 600, Get a CBR600RR or a R6. Both look bad ***