PDA

View Full Version : are sleds like atv?

2004-400ex
03-07-2007, 06:04 PM
i have never rode a sled before and this weekend i am going up north to ride?
i would like to know a little about them before i hop on one

quads14589
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
they got alot of power, alot of top and low end and steering is a little hard but they are really fun to ride.

allstock
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
idk if its just me but i have a pit behind my house and every time it snows back there i got out there and cant pit ride like a quad i get way too much arm pump. but they have alot more power and are just as fun

Quad18star
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
It all depends which models you're riding . The older sleds are not really like riding a quad . If you get into a rider forward design sled ( rev chassis , Polaris IQ , etc) they are a little more like riding a sled .

You'll find that your arms will be dead in no time if you aren't used to it , and if you're riding an older model , your back will be killing you the next day . Depending on the sled setup ( studs , carbides , etc) the sled may push in corners or track all over the trail , or you won't be able to steer much if it's over studded .

Sled are WAY faster than quads , so be careful . Many guys tend to " out run their headlights" at night ... basically it's when they're going to fast to correct the sled if soemthing comes up or to stop the sled if there's something on the trail ahead .

Be careful and have fun . Sleds are awesome , but you have to treat them with respect .... especially the new sleds with 150+ HP .