PDA

View Full Version : Proof that beauty is not skin deep ( IMO )

Rootar
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
well who agrees with me take a look at her with skin and with no skin,

with skin = i think it looks ratty and mix matched all slapped together, there are more reds on there than in a natvie american trbie (no offense to any one)

Rootar
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
and no skin = i think you can tell how much time and effort and money i have into my POS. alots of chrome and all PC'd.

FourFiftyFour
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
that means all you really need to do is get new plastics :blah:

Rootar
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
i have front hipers with black rings, and 2 red and 2 black rings to put on the back in the shop along with a new set of kendas. its taken me 4 months to get it to this stage and i can now say i have the bugs worked out 3 full race weekends and nothing has broken, ive only changed the oil and airfilter and she has been running great.

what color plastic should i put on it eventually, white or silver (anyother ideas) i dont want red or black i have enough of that on here and my new bumper, those nerfs, that grabbar and such are all being PC'd black very soon,

any ideas or thoughts on how to make it turn heads because at the track this thing looks like a beater, and noone wants to sponser some one with an ugly betty of a quad ya know.

btw any body want the HD's off these hipers? pm me.

Rootar
03-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FourFiftyFour
that means all you really need to do is get new plastics :blah:

but what kind ive never had fullbore or laker (i have maier fronts) or any other kind of plastic other than stock and if i get new plastic itll be clean with no graphics just my number backgrounds and numbers

anyone can chime in and give me some personal experience with the different brands they they have owned and RACED or ridin HARD with. because my rear plastic is broke all to pieces. im gonna keep the front for playing and such but i want a nice set of platics for going to the races with and putting out a good image

elementryder
03-07-2007, 03:32 PM
silver,orange or bule plastic would look sweet imo

Rootar
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
orange is ugly man im getting rid of those nasty orange hiper rings the rears will have black on the out side and red on the inside, the front hipers have black rings.

hmmmm i dunno about blue maybe i need to play a little in photoshop with it.....

FourFiftyFour
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
i would get either fullbore or laker... white plastics would look nice.. gray wouldnt be too bad either but I have always liked white plastics more than gray. I saw some copperish looking plastics on a YFZ before..I believe they were from fullbore, those looked pretty cool as well. I just dont know how well the red would look with many colors. If I were you I would get white.

Ruby Soho
03-07-2007, 04:27 PM
personally i like that combo.

i think a blue like muffs yfz of the year would look good on that

FourFiftyFour
03-07-2007, 04:31 PM
hey rootar are you going to be at the oak hill national??

Rrider4life8
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
orange is ugly man im getting rid of those nasty orange hiper rings the rears will have black on the out side and red on the inside, the front hipers have black rings.

hmmmm i dunno about blue maybe i need to play a little in photoshop with it.....

I dont think orange is ugly
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p98e2b53cff44d2a761b16af86b0f22e3/ea744ea3.jpg

XCpred
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Silver lakers would look sick as hell

killerofcrows48
03-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by XCpred
Silver lakers would look sick as hell

x2

03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
I dont think orange is ugly
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p98e2b53cff44d2a761b16af86b0f22e3/ea744ea3.jpg

wow that is top 3 hottest yfz's i have seen in my life really nice

lost boyz
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM
ill give you my white plastics for your orange ones....

mx1791
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
white lakers would look good. imo no matter what color u get, get lakers, they just look sick

Rootar
03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
WOW thats a nice YFZ, and i meant orange doesnt look good with red, and well faded orange and red are worse together take a look at my wheels.

yes we'll be at the national dunno what class i could run, do i have to buy a membership or w/e for jsut one race? if so i might not race just chill and watch but i want to race.

yea i photoshopped a blue one and it doesnt look too bad, i think its still between white and silver, what do you think yellow would look like on there nothing else yellow only the plastic and a quadtech hood?

FourFiftyFour
03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
WOW thats a nice YFZ, and i meant orange doesnt look good with red, and well faded orange and red are worse together take a look at my wheels.

yes we'll be at the national dunno what class i could run, do i have to buy a membership or w/e for jsut one race? if so i might not race just chill and watch but i want to race.

yea i photoshopped a blue one and it doesnt look too bad, i think its still between white and silver, what do you think yellow would look like on there nothing else yellow only the plastic and a quadtech hood?

white. lol

ok cool i will be there. I will be helping Harlen with coverage and I will be racing. white LTR #454

XCpred
03-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Well the yellow lakers would be equally sick.:D

Rootar
03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
will lakers or fullbore hold up better?

my brother said i ought to do yellow with a quadtech hood and yellow hiper rings front and rear, then we'll both have yellow mx quads. but thats just him im stilling pondering the choices

Rrider4life8
03-08-2007, 07:04 PM

i may have a pick of orange on red.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p92f426351d7c4641b86963765b5b92b8/f5f98397.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p6b7812bb07e8782cc6ce042afbb757aa/f5f98385.jpg

strive to be diffrent man!

BigFish
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Lakers hold up awesome. I'm on my second set now:macho

BigFish
03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^It's for sale too

Rootar
03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
got the front hipers and different rear rings on. not much more to go and maybe she'll be looking top notch....:D

CRich[814]
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
she'll be looking top notch....:D

yeah. it is purrdy.

Rootar
03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
lil 2 mintue PS thanks for letting me borrow your fenders bigfish lol

balls2da-wall
03-10-2007, 06:13 AM
WOW...thats a nice hybrid...haha. Well when I had the bike this is the plastic I had on it. White really sets it off, but pardon my graphics...they werent exactly what I was thinking of when I bought them!:p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pbc7a7d1e1143ea8f6ab3f78e8cf277be/ef94a4dd.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pc10fa978975c071ca4af0d9013a26407/ef94a493.jpg

Oh, Ross...do you still have the rekluse? Im in need of one again!

Rootar
03-10-2007, 11:43 AM
no offense but that thing jsut didnt look right all narrow and tall for XC, i broke that swing you have in that picture like a twig, ive broken so many things on here there is not really much left on it from when i started,

Originally posted by balls2da-wall
Oh, Ross...do you still have the rekluse? Im in need of one again!

i sold it to Z-mann he should have gotten it at his door yesterday, you might could try to buy it off him, before he runs it.

looky what i found under some boxes in our shop its my old 400 OEM fenders so i got them out did ALOT of fixing and triming and new mounts and well i was bored but im gonna run it like this until i get some lakers or fullbore. looks sorta old school and makes me remeber when i first started jumping my ramp and riding mx because this was the plastic i ran at first

balls2da-wall
03-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah it didnt look right because it had the stock shocks still on it. Here is what I bought with your money.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p7d6f35c5f6d443d61e3b00567082fa50/ea5e825a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p5fe17163ab29b422c9fc80eb57e5eb9f/ea5e819a.jpg

Runs a little better than the Hybrid...also I dont have all the problems with stuff not lining up such as air intake and the pivot point not being right for the motor to line up with the rear sprocket. I kept throwing chains at the races because for me to set my chain tension right it was to tight when the shock would bottom...so to keep from snapping chains I had to run it loose and would throw them. That is the main reason I sold it.

Like what did you break besides the swinger? Thing was already crack like no other from running 3 years worth of XC races...so was the frame, but ATVFourPlay fixed that. I knew down the line that swinger would have to go...just figured you would of replaced that off the bat since you do MX.

Yeah, if you sold the clutch I will just buy the Pro-series...I know Z-man he races in my series.

BigFish
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
lil 2 mintue PS thanks for letting me borrow your fenders bigfish lol

anytime ;)

...it's going to look even sicker when its done

Rootar
03-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I dont have all the problems with stuff not lining up such as air intake and the pivot point not being right for the motor to line up with the rear sprocket. I kept throwing chains at the races because for me to set my chain tension right it was to tight when the shock would bottom...so to keep from snapping chains I had to run it loose and would throw them. That is the main reason I sold it.

Like what did you break besides the swinger? Thing was already crack like no other from running 3 years worth of XC races...so was the frame, but ATVFourPlay fixed that. I knew down the line that swinger would have to go...just figured you would of replaced that off the bat since you do MX.

thanks for telling me all that before i bought it ya know :mad: :mad: :mad: lol i had my axle machined to sit a little to the right to fix the sproket line up problem the chain roller on the frame well i broke it clean off so i made a mount and put a custom slide instead of the roller back on, fixes the chain throwing problem, ive broken the upper rails two bottom motormounts clean off broke the spacers between the front motor mounts :ermm: i could keep going forever man but ive got it all fixed up now, you outta ride it its nothing like a 450r ive rode mx 450rs and yfzs and i still like the handling of mine better kinda like a happy medium between the two. when i get my new full sparks with big head pipe, and custom baldwin cam its really gonna scream. btw i havent been beatin in a drag againist a 450 yet and ive lined up and drag at our 1/8th mile strip on tune up night and they had every thing you can do to a stock bore minues porting (piston,cam, pipe, no air box, etc..)

took me 4 months to get all the little problems fixed and find what worked and what didnt