PDA

View Full Version : Metallic flakes comin from tranny side

rlplive
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Just like it says, the past few times I have changed the oil there have been tiny metal particles comin from the tranny side.
I know the clutch cable is on the motor side, but is the clutch actually on the left or right side? I know that sounds dumb but I have never messed with the clutch
on this thing. Anyway you guys have any idea what it could be? Could it be my
clutch? It has def been slippin
Thanks Ryan

Architects
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Ive always had tiny metallic particles in my trans since day one. Its normal. Yes the clutch cable is on the left side of motor

rlplive
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Architects
Ive always had tiny metallic particles in my trans since day one. Its normal. Yes the clutch cable is on the left side of motor
I know the cable is on the left side, someone told me a rod went through and the clutch was actually on the right side.

ghott
03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
The clutch is on the right side of the bike (if you are standing at the rear).

Look at the brown cover that says "Honda." Remove that cover and there's the clutch ;).

Chino886
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Just like it says, the past few times I have changed the oil there have been tiny metal particles comin from the tranny side.
I know the clutch cable is on the motor side, but is the clutch actually on the left or right side? I know that sounds dumb but I have never messed with the clutch
on this thing. Anyway you guys have any idea what it could be? Could it be my
clutch? It has def been slippin
Thanks Ryan

If it is tranny oil that has metal in it, it is most likely from clutch steels.

If it is crank side, be aware of big headache soon!

What color is metal? Copper, aluminum, steel?

rlplive
03-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
If it is tranny oil that has metal in it, it is most likely from clutch steels.

If it is crank side, be aware of big headache soon!

What color is metal? Copper, aluminum, steel?
Its kinda silverish tiny pieces on the tranny side. I am sure it's the clutch, I was in a muddy race and It was slippin pretty good.
What kind of clutch should I get? Another honda clutch? I don't want anything too crazy expensive.

Chino886
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Its kinda silverish tiny pieces on the tranny side. I am sure it's the clutch, I was in a muddy race and It was slippin pretty good.
What kind of clutch should I get? Another honda clutch? I don't want anything too crazy expensive.

I think for the price, you can't go wrong with a Tusk clutch.

But check you clutch basket though, if that has marks in it, you will want to get one of those or file the grooves back down.