PDA

View Full Version : jet kit

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
i am looking at getting a jet kit for my 2003 400ex.
what kit should i get. there are so many makes whats the best and what should i stay away from?
thanks

honda300EXtreme
03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
i would stay away from dyno jet because i dont like the way there numbers dont correspond to anyone else.

i prefer the single jets you get from kehin, but also k&n makes a nice jet kit too.

just my 0.02

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
ok thanks. what site is the best place to get them from??

03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
i would stay away from dyno jet because i dont like the way there numbers dont correspond to anyone else.

i prefer the single jets you get from kehin, but also k&n makes a nice jet kit too.

just my 0.02

ahhhh...k&n is just a rebadged dynojet kit...
try:
http://www.jetsrus.com/main_page.htm

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
thanks man. someone told me that if i jetted my bike i would prob burn a hole in the top of my piston is this true??

honda300EXtreme
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
ahhhh...k&n is just a rebadged dynojet kit...
try:
http://www.jetsrus.com/main_page.htm

i didnt know that, thanks i dont deal alot with jet kits i loke buying the parts individual better

03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
if you run an aftermarket air filter without jetting, you run the risk of burnign a hole in your piston... or if you go to a smaller main jet, you run the risk of burning a hole in the piston...if you go higher with the jets, the extra fuel will actually havea cooling effect...are you just rejetting or did you add and aftermarket filter and/or exhuast?

and the jet-r-us website has a jet kit using stock keihin jets or you can buy them one at a time...

honda300EXtreme
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sportrax stu
thanks man. someone told me that if i jetted my bike i would prob burn a hole in the top of my piston is this true??

no that is more likely to happen if you do not re-jet, you will probably burn up a valve also

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
if you run an aftermarket air filter without jetting, you run the risk of burnign a hole in your piston... or if you go to a smaller main jet, you run the risk of burning a hole in the piston...if you go higher with the jets, the extra fuel will actually havea cooling effect...are you just rejetting or did you add and aftermarket filter and/or exhuast?

and the jet-r-us website has a jet kit using stock keihin jets or you can buy them one at a time...

yea i have a k&n air filter and a powercore4 slip on pipe.
is it easy to jet a bike?

Eviltanker
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
It is extremely easy! just take your time when doing it. Also do a search on here for how to jet a 400EX. You will be fine.