PDA

View Full Version : painted or powdercoated

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
hey guys i have a 2003 400ex and the paint on the a arms and places on the frame is coming of. it's starting to look a bit tatty.
im not sure whether to get the whole lot powdercoated, paint it or just touch up the areas with some paint.
i have no idea what to do.
any help would be really good
thanks
-stu

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
no help?!

BLEEDRED
03-07-2007, 01:06 PM
No brain?

Ha ha...powdercoat hands down. Contact Pappy on this site. Good luck!

honda300EXtreme
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
it depends on what you wana do,

if you want to strip your down, definatley powder coat it, cause it will last a long time, alot longer than paint.

anything else you do wil be a waste of time in the long run, just spend the few bucks and have it powdercoated,

you need to talk to pappy hes real resonable and 1 of the best.

Pappy
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
1. Do you have access to a PC shop near you in the UK? If so, try chatting with them to see what they can do for you

2. If its just small area's and you do not intend to tear down, then touch the areas up and ride on!

sportrax stu
03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
1. Do you have access to a PC shop near you in the UK? If so, try chatting with them to see what they can do for you

2. If its just small area's and you do not intend to tear down, then touch the areas up and ride on!

-stu

03-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Stock a-arms have non removable ball joints cant powder coat them. Just get some paint that matches the A-arm color.