PDA

View Full Version : Bar Clamp Issues

svahle
03-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I just purchased a Ricky Stator light kit to mount to the handle bars of my 400ex. I have 1 1/8 inch bars and ordered the light kit to fit these bars. Here is the problem. The light kit doubles as the top of the bar clamp. The bolt pattern for the clamp part of the light kit is stock width. The univeral bar clamp adapter kit that is used to mount the 1 1/8 bars widens out the bolt pattern such that they will not line up with the bolt pattern in the light kit. I was able to flip one of the univeral bar clamp adapters around 180 degress and the bolt holes would then line up. But this shifts the top of the bar clamp and the lights to the left (or right) about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.

Does anyone make a bar mount for 1 1/8 inch bars that maintains the stock width for the bar clamp bolt pattern. It appears all of the adapter kits widen out the bolt pattern.

I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a clamp that will work, please shoot me a pm or email at svahle@windstream.net. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

400exrider707
03-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by svahle
I just purchased a Ricky Stator light kit to mount to the handle bars of my 400ex. I have 1 1/8 inch bars and ordered the light kit to fit these bars. Here is the problem. The light kit doubles as the top of the bar clamp. The bolt pattern for the clamp part of the light kit is stock width. The univeral bar clamp adapter kit that is used to mount the 1 1/8 bars widens out the bolt pattern such that they will not line up with the bolt pattern in the light kit. I was able to flip one of the univeral bar clamp adapters around 180 degress and the bolt holes would then line up. But this shifts the top of the bar clamp and the lights to the left (or right) about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.

Does anyone make a bar mount for 1 1/8 inch bars that maintains the stock width for the bar clamp bolt pattern. It appears all of the adapter kits widen out the bolt pattern.

I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a clamp that will work, please shoot me a pm or email at svahle@windstream.net. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was going to say you probably have them 180degrees the wrong way, but if you turned one and it lines up then I dont know. Mine line up with stock. All universals should. Post a pic