PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding something....

Quad18star
03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm trying to find a picture of my Family's Coat of Arms / Family Crest online , but the only thing I'm finding is sites that want you to buy the pictures .

I'd like to find a good quality picture , so that I can get a tattoo done from it . My lastname is Larocque , with known origins dating back to France ( could be spelled LaRocque , LaRock, Laroque ) .

I'd appreciate any kind of help . :D

SGA
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Here ya go greg, I googled your last name along with coat of arms and this came up:D

SGA
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Did find this though
http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/laroque-coat-arms.htm

And this too
http://web.syr.edu/~rcranger/rocque.htm

Quad18star
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Sweeeeet . I always knew I enjoyed drinking Bud for a reason .... it's in my genes !!!!:p :devil:

Howie . I had also found the Crest that you have in the first link , but the only problem is , you can't right click and save the picture ... or atleast I can't do it . :ermm:

If someone magically has some way of saving that picture and making it bigger , that would be super sweet !!!!:cool:

wilkin250r
03-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
the only thing I'm finding is sites that want you to buy the pictures .

Buy the picture of your family crest? How much are they charging?

No offense, Greg, but if you believe in it enough to pay for somebody to ink it on to your body for the rest of your life, wouldn't it be also worth a few extra bucks to buy it? You would be almost guarenteed a nice, high-quality picture.

Quad18star
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Buy the picture of your family crest? How much are they charging?

No offense, Greg, but if you believe in it enough to pay for somebody to ink it on to your body for the rest of your life, wouldn't it be also worth a few extra bucks to buy it? You would be almost guarenteed a nice, high-quality picture.

They want $21.95 US.

I would buy it , but the only problem is , I want to make sure it is the correct Family Crest before I go ahead and buy it . This one site shows a small picture , so I can't see the full detail of the crest ... and all the other sites don't show pictures unless you buy it . I've seen a picture of our coat of arms before and if that one picture was big enough , I'd be able to distinguish it then buy it . Know what I mean ?

insaneracin2003
03-07-2007, 07:59 AM
this is an interesting thread,i havn't thought of doing anything like this....thanks greg

FreekShow
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
hey Greg, if you cant right click and save it then try this. im not sure if its gonna work or not cause im at school and these computers are ghetto.

highlight the picture then go to the top toolbar and click edit and then copy. go to paint and click edit and then paste.

derekhonda
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
or do a screen shot, take it to paint, cut it out, and blow it up.

TRX_450
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
heres a little better...tried to clean it up a bit in photoshop but it wasnt workin so well and i really dont wanna vectorize it

TRX_450
03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
few others i found...i know some of em are small but if u see one u think is it let me know

TRX_450
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
another...

TRX_450
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
last one

honda4life72
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
heres a little better...tried to clean it up a bit in photoshop but it wasnt workin so well and i really dont wanna vectorize it i looked mine up and it was just like that but green:ermm: and it had your last name on it :confused: wer related lol j/k

insaneracin2003
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
i looked mine up and it was just like that but green:ermm: and it had your last name on it :confused: wer related lol j/k
lmao