PDA

View Full Version : 02' Banshee

jdboy
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I've just called about a local 02' Banshee with 4 to 5 tanks of fuel ran through it for $3000. The quad is completely stock right down to the tires. I've read as many of the posts that I could in one setting and still have a few questions. I really like riding a 2stroke but this would be my first smoker quad. With my old CR there wasn't a problem with bottom end torque but from what I've read the Banshee is missing a little for trails. Can this be aided by dropping a tooth off the front sprocket to keep the rpm's up? I've also read that there are some problems with getting how on slower trails. Most of the time we are moving at a good pace but at times there we will crawl as well. Is there anything for this problem?

400exrider989
03-06-2007, 06:11 PM
i just boughta 07 banshee
still havnt riden it yet but im only 14 and 140 pounds im sure there well be enough bottom end for me
i also do trail riding
if the banshee dont have the torque you want then just get a pual turner mid pipe then you well have plenty of bottom end
youcan drop a tooth up front but i was tolled that you well have to shift faster then you already do

3000$ sounds a little high for a stock 02 but i am not expert
if its only been through 5 tanks of gas then take it for a spin go through all the gears ask if you can check the spark plugs and ask the guy how he did the break in

Ogener
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
My friend had and 02 banshee with the FMF pipes and he weighs about 200, it did pretty good in the trails. It did alot better when he put on a boost bottle. That really brought out the bottom end power.

250r4life
03-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by jdboy
I've just called about a local 02' Banshee with 4 to 5 tanks of fuel ran through it for $3000. The quad is completely stock right down to the tires. I've read as many of the posts that I could in one setting and still have a few questions. I really like riding a 2stroke but this would be my first smoker quad. With my old CR there wasn't a problem with bottom end torque but from what I've read the Banshee is missing a little for trails. Can this be aided by dropping a tooth off the front sprocket to keep the rpm's up? I've also read that there are some problems with getting how on slower trails. Most of the time we are moving at a good pace but at times there we will crawl as well. Is there anything for this problem?

you can trail with it, but if that is what you primarily ride, i would not get a banshee... you still have to wind it out for it to have power- even if you drop a tooth...

also, if you crawl with the banshee, it is very likely you will get it hot... the banshee likes to be wound out, and lets say a rocky trail up a hill that you have to keep at a lower RPM and keep it in like 1st or 2nd gear, i would not be surprised it you over heat.

like i said, if riding trails is what you primarily do, the banshee really is not for you...

250r4life
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ogener
My friend had and 02 banshee with the FMF pipes and he weighs about 200, it did pretty good in the trails. It did alot better when he put on a boost bottle. That really brought out the bottom end power.

i hate to tell ya but i think it was more of the placebo affect,,,

firefighterjosh
03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Ogener
It did alot better when he put on a boost bottle. That really brought out the bottom end power.

Boost bottle don't do crap. Its a proven fact;)

Mxjunkie
03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Boost bottle don't do crap. Its a proven fact;)

The only thing a boost bottle will do for your banshee is rip your intakes over time, I know cause I've gone thru 3 sets... keep the stock cross over tube and get 10mm reed spacers.

Ogener
03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
ok u guys dont have to believe me but i rode that machine before and after the boost bottle was on and the bottom end power was much better with the boost bottle.

250r4life
03-09-2007, 01:02 AM
let me guess... the boost bottle was not the only variable in this experiment..

Ogener
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, I believe it was.

blueyeace1
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Boost Bottles....Do make a diff in your power..nomatter what you do everything makes somewhat of a diff mabey not alot in some cases but anything that is mod or made diff is not the same...lol

:blah:

EX lvr
03-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by blueyeace1
Boost Bottles....Do make a diff in your power..nomatter what you do everything makes somewhat of a diff mabey not alot in some cases but anything that is mod or made diff is not the same...lol

:blah: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek2: :eek2:

firefighterjosh
03-10-2007, 02:28 AM

HUH? I was following you until.....some cases but anything that is mod or made diff is not the same

250r4life
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM

the only difference they make is in your wallet.

Dinner
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
the only difference they make is in your wallet.

Agreed
Boost bottles are the same as the stock cross over tube. What do you think a boost bottle is used for? Boost bottle, cross over tube, doesn't matter. They are just used to help keep the same vacuum in both cylinders to help keep your jetting the same in both cylinders. Now if you are running a 340 in one carb and a 270 in the other, no it will not clear that up. They are used to just equal the jetting up a little bit in the cylinders. Now for some of the guys that have put a boost bottle on and noticed an amazing increase in power. Well that's probably because they re-jet while they we're putting the boost bottle on.
I used to have a boost bottle(bought it with it on) and I left it on there for awhile, until my intakes cracked and started sucking air. So I replaced it with a stock cross over tube and guess what, no difference in throttle response:eek2:

flip73
03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I love the way my boost bottle works. I have a huge pile of receipts on my bench in the garage, and the wind would blow them all over the place if my boost bottle wasn't sitting on top of them :p

Kenneth
03-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by flip73
I love the way my boost bottle works. I have a huge pile of receipts on my bench in the garage, and the wind would blow them all over the place if my boost bottle wasn't sitting on top of them :p

that is the only thing i have ever heard they r good for. i am ordering one for the office right now THANK YOU!!!!!!!:D

seriously thought everyone i know that has used one hates them and ends up throwing them away,

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIEND BUY BOOST BOTTLES.

PS if u want one make it out of a coke can its cheaper and will save weight. :D :D :D

banshee84
03-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Kenneth

PS if u want one make it out of a coke can its cheaper and will save weight. :D :D :D [/B]

PM SENT!!!!!