PDA

View Full Version : Speed up the drying process!?

ShiftFMX
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I painted my stem last night and put a new coat on this morning at 5am before I went to work. The damn thing still shows finger prints! What can I do to speed this up a little bit? I need to put the stem back in tonight! I brought it in the house cause it's a helluva lot wormer (lmao ;) , warmer) in here. Would a fan help...Heat?

FreekShow
03-06-2007, 06:00 PM
hair dryer from like a foot away, not to close.... maybe?

Kickstarts-suck
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
taking it inside should have dried it good

did you coat it to thick?

Pipeless416
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
I painted my stem last night and put a new coat on this morning at 5am before I went to work. The damn thing still shows finger prints! What can I do to speed this up a little bit? I need to put the stem back in tonight! I brought it in the house cause it's a helluva lot wormer (lmao ;) , warmer) in here. Would a fan help...Heat?

ive painted basically everything on my quad and i noticed this usually happens if whatever you're painting is still contaminated with grease or oil or something. i figured out that cleaning everything with rubbing alcohol before painting does wonders. try putting it back outside because it could also be the humidity in the house.

ShiftFMX
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I prepped it with wax and grease remover, that stuff does wonders! Its what we used to use in school before painting cars ;)