PDA

View Full Version : Bearing pull out tool

NJD
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone here ever have to install a new water pump, impeller etc... Just wondering, what do you guys use to pull out the bearings, and press the bearings back on?
Supposedly there is some sort of a tool that facilitates this operation, it's even in the clymer manual. Just wondering what people in this forum use, what works for them and what tools can be used, and especially where can I find them, especially the bearing pullout tool.

FrankenWheeler
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
there is a sticky at the top of the page that may contain the answer's you need. It's about changing the mech. seal for the water pump, but also talks about bearing removal.

GPracer2500
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I tapped the old one out with a punch. It came out easy. For reinstalling, I put the new bearing in the freezer and put some heat into the case cover. The bearing almost dropped in under its own weight. I used an appropriately sized socket to seat it firmly.

NJD
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Does any one actually use the bearing pullout and install tools, what brand do you use and where can I find it without breaking the bank.