PDA

View Full Version : needle jet

trx450jason
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I've heard that only cutting out half the airbox lid and using the needle jet that comes in the HRC kit would solve bog issues. Does this jet only come in the HRC kit or is it just the CRF needle?

DirtDevilBT
03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
there shouldn't be a bog issue with the 04's. The "bog" is for the fcr 450rs.

You could cut the lid, adjust the fuel screw, and main. That should be good.

trx450jason
03-09-2007, 07:25 AM
what main jets would you recommend? so for I have a 180, 185, and 190 i can use and a 175 on order.. would that cover it?

TWILES
03-09-2007, 07:34 AM
The needle jet is the toob the needle goes through and the main jet attatches to the bottom of it. The needle is just the needle. You either buy one with a different taper or move your's up and down. Up to get more gas. The FCR "bog" is from when the carb transfers from one stage to another...pilot-needle-main. I share an 04 450R with my wife and its easy to set that carb. Its not as touchy as the FCR on my Wr450. Its like a regualr carburator. The FCR's are a *****. By the time you know what your jets need to be, its time for a new motor.

trx450jason
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
i know all of that i have just read on here and other forums the the HRC needle would help with bog when stapping the trottle.. i was just wanting to know if this is true and what needle i should order

400exrider707
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by trx450jason
i know all of that i have just read on here and other forums the the HRC needle would help with bog when stapping the trottle.. i was just wanting to know if this is true and what needle i should order

What mods do you have now? Even with extensive mods those mains seem high... what elevation are you at also?

DirtDevilBT
03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
lol, how bout this try

pull the airbox lid off
turn your fuel screw out 2.5 turns
stab the throttle
tell us what happens

Don't do anything else to it.
If it revs fast and correct
cut your hole in the lid
turn the fuel screw out 2 turns
try it

If it's good, then good.
If it bogs...does it stumble and die or just shut off quickly?
Depending on which one, move the needle down one or up one.
Try it

IF it's awesome...move onto the main.
What are your mods and elevation?
could be anywhere between 160-190, guessing