PDA

View Full Version : Walker Fowler's 300EX?

swampfoxsc
03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Anyone have the specs on Walker's 300EX? I'm particularly interested in the front suspension.

161xchonda
03-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Icould not tell you specs but I know it is a very well set up atv. It sure seems like it is plenty fast.

swampfoxsc
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
It looks like 450R shocks with dual rate springs. The spindles look like 400EX so I assume the a-arms are also. He also has a shock relocater. Can't tell anything about the rear.

I'll be at the GA race so I can find out more there. I'd like to build a Sport Class GNCC quad and the front end is the hardest part to figure out.

Ryan22
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
im pretty sure that its a 400ex swingarm in the rear they redew the mounts and make it basicly into a 400ex rear end and thats why it sits so low my friend is getting that done to his 300ex by gt thunder and i think thats who set up walker fowlers

heath720
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
in order to run a 400ex swingarm you need to weld link mounts onto the frame which means its illegal to race. i know a guy that was trying to use a no-link 250r swingarm and shock but i dont know if he ever got it to work. if you could post a picture i could probably tell you what he has.

Ryan22
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
this is from the rule book at gnccracing.com
1. Production Rule (ATV): OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements and frame modifications to permit longer rear-wheel travel are permitted
these are the rules and it sounds to me like if making a new mount permits longer wheel travel it is legal

Dan229
03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
If they are using the same production rules as the Pro ATV class in GNCC then you can do about anything you want to the suspension.

I do not know where the limit is for frame modification by reading that...wonder if you can just cut the front end off a 450R and put it on a 300ex or have an aftermarket frame and get away with it :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pappy
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
He is running 450r shocks, and JB suspension, a cam and exhaust

bwamos
03-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Dan229
If they are using the same production rules as the Pro ATV class in GNCC then you can do about anything you want to the suspension.

I do not know where the limit is for frame modification by reading that...wonder if you can just cut the front end off a 450R and put it on a 300ex or have an aftermarket frame and get away with it :confused: :confused: :confused:

No no welding to change front end geometry. That's why you use a bolt on shock relocator. ;)

swampfoxsc
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
bwamos, go reread the 2007 rules and show me where it says you can't weld anything this year! I can't find it. It only says that modifications are permitted.

I have an email in to RP about this.

m4skinner
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Dan229
wonder if you can just cut the front end off a 450R and put it on a 300ex or have an aftermarket frame and get away with it :confused: :confused: :confused:

The rule says: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required So no your not going to get way with running a aftermarket frame.

swampfoxsc
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I e-mailed RP about this and their response is that there has never been a rule saying you can't weld new shock mounts on the frame for GNCC racing. Here's the e-mail:

From: "Jason Weigandt" <jasonw@racerxill.com> Add to Address Book
Date: 2007/03/08 Thu AM 09:59:00 EST
To: "marioncarpenter@bellsouth.net" <marioncarpenter@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: ATV Sport Class rules

I think you may be confusing the rules from ATV MX and GNCC? We've never had rules regarding shock mounts and such in that class. Really. We also didn't change any of the sport class rules for 2007--everything is the same.

As for the 250F engines, we're just trying to keep the cost of racing down. I'm still shocked no manufacturer has built a 250F or 300 ATV to race yet.

Thanks!

- jason

bwamos
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
bwamos, go reread the 2007 rules and show me where it says you can't weld anything this year! I can't find it. It only says that modifications are permitted.

I have an email in to RP about this.

I was mistaken. Apparently production rules do not apply to the Sport class. It's an open class w/ specific atv models allowed. I'm kinda supprised the GNCC's are less strict than MHSC.

I was reading this thinking that the Production rule applied to Sport ATV's as well....

1. Production Rule (ATV): OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements and frame modifications to permit longer rear-wheel travel are permitted.

It says you are allowed:
Engine Mods
reinforce (Gusset) the frame
Modify the frame to allow longer REAR wheel travel.

Heck, it looks like they've even opened up the Sport class in the MHSC. (I see it's 351cc's now.)

Dan229
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
bwamos, that is how I read it too and for some strange reason I though last year the Sport class rules were the same as the production...:confused:

I don't know, some of the rules seemed to have vanished into thin air for some reason but I'm not fussing! However, you wait until someone starts putting a whoopen on the AM classes with a modified frame sport class bike and things might change. I don't think RP cares much about the sport class because they do not see them as a threat to the women but that will change if you see the top five or six come from the sport class on wild 300's or blasters and those little engine can be made to run with the 450s in the woods; add the ability to build a full on long-travel suspension to that and someone will figure it out and start the arse whoopen convention (at least let's hope so! LOL) ... just my $.02...

booger
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
walkers running lazs' set-up 4ply a-arms and rebulit 450r frnts wit dual rate springs.. and a 450r rear end,....

booger
03-21-2007, 12:36 PM
srry.. bout tht walkers running Jb a-arms

swampfoxsc
03-22-2007, 07:41 AM
I looked at Walker's quad at the GA GNCC and he is running a rear swingarm without a linkage so it can't be a 450R swingarm.:confused: