PDA

View Full Version : thinking of making the switch need some help

JJs450r
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
well i currently ridding a 450r, in my sig are some of the aftermarket parts i have, and by all i means i out run all the ltrs and yfz on holeshots at our local mx races but im fed up with nerfbars breaking frames cracking, and i was just wondering how the ltr frame holds up and what do you guys do to mod them up so they run fast strong and hard thanks in advance :)

edit how bout the starter and engine problems i know some of the ltrs around here had some engine and starter problems is this common with them? suspension work revlavles good for them? or better to go after market im clueless when it come to ltrs

bwamos
03-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
how bout the starter and engine problems i know some of the ltrs around here had some engine and starter problems is this common with them?

I beleive this was mostly just weak batterys from the factory.

4TraxRider
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I raced a full year of B class mx on my LTR plus a few poker runs and a trip to Glamis for 8 days and haven't had a hiccup with it yet. I'm rebuilding the motor as I'm typing this and so far all the internals look alright for a lot of hours.

JJs450r
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
so overall its more sturdy then the 450r i mean it looks like the ltr frame is much like the 450r dirtbike im torn between gettin an ltr or a new truck haha cant have both :-/ any more advice or though would be great