PDA

View Full Version : setting up camber?

rockabilly13
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Alright so I went out and got me a framing square so I can finally set my camber correctly besides eyeballing it. The Houser web sit say at 16 inches it should be like .837 or something like that. I'm nowhere near that and I don't have much more adjustment left (running out of threads). So how are you Honda guys setting up your camber for mx? Oh yeah it's on a 05 trx450r with +2 houser standard travel arms.

eastside 400
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
with rider weight and normal body position on the quad i put a square/L thingy whatever its called but its a L up next to the front wheel, the top of the tire should be about 3/8-1/2" in more then the bottom of the tire, this should give pretty close to 2-3 degrees negative camber which is a very good starting point, it really shouldnt be much more or less then that after set up. if u still have problems go to sears and buy an angle finder and your set

rockabilly13
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
So I should measure it sitting on it. Maybe that's why I'm so far off.

eastside 400
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
yea it should be done with you on it, but in my experience it really doesnt change that much but depending on ur shock setup and all it might sag more.