PDA

View Full Version : snorkel

AtvRider21
10-03-2002, 03:42 PM
if i remove my snorkel from my 400ex then buy the nacs plug will it do anything to my quad like more power or is it a waste of money..

10-03-2002, 03:46 PM
dude, if anything, your going to LOSE power, and youre gonna have to rejet if you take it out and plug it up becuz you reduce the available air intake going into the airbox. i took it off and thrid running it without rejeting and it's performance went all to *****. keep it in!

dariusld
10-03-2002, 05:21 PM
I took off my snorkel. Someone suggested a spray paint can lid as the plug for that hole and that is what I used. 400EX_Racr_Dude did you remove the lid to your airbox or just block all air coming in? I did it because I thought I would rather have the air from under the seat in my engine than the hot air coming off my engine(the snorkel sits right over the engine). I did all my mods at once so I dont know how much it helped, probably not much, but I'm sure it was something.

10-03-2002, 05:32 PM
no i took the snorkel off and i put foam over it. it started running way lean

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-04-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by AtvRider21
if i remove my snorkel from my 400ex then buy the nacs plug will it do anything to my quad like more power or is it a waste of money..

When you take off the snorkle, and install the Nacs Plug, you MUST modify the air lid, or take it off......if you install the plug and leave the lid installed the motor will now be able to breath...