PDA

View Full Version : 07 Mods

Shocka400ex
03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I know there are a lot but I need some advice on a couple specific. Any pics or web sight leads are appreciated.

1. Cleaning up bars. What are people doing with electrical wiring and key re-location? I am getting Fat bars
2. Front fenders. Does anyone make MX bolt ons so I don't have to cut them?
3. Cams. I am putting on either a sparks or DASA and want to upgrade the cam of course. Whats good for MX?

And if anyone needs any stock parts off of an 07 let me know. Thaks Justin

Shocka400ex
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
No info yet!?

Wiring-I made a bracket for my key and bolted it on the side by the stem mount. I am going to do the same on the other side for my light switch. I'll post picks when I get um.
What is everyone doing with the wiring going to the throttle from the carb? If you just unplug this the bike will die when you give it gas. I spliced the two wires together for now but I'm not sure if I can eliminate it all together??? ANY INFO?

Fenders-Laker Customs are going to cut them for me since they are local.

Cams?

ONEFASTR
03-09-2007, 07:25 PM
for the bars i went with a trail tech 1 1/8 on my 07er. mounts the key and indicators under the clamp. i went with the hrc kit and hmf slip-on. cam wakes the r up vary nicely. got clamp bars and hrc kit off ebay.

Rich250RRacer
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Shocka400ex
I know there are a lot but I need some advice on a couple specific. Any pics or web sight leads are appreciated.

1. Cleaning up bars. What are people doing with electrical wiring and key re-location? I am getting Fat bars
2. Front fenders. Does anyone make MX bolt ons so I don't have to cut them?
3. Cams. I am putting on either a sparks or DASA and want to upgrade the cam of course. Whats good for MX?

And if anyone needs any stock parts off of an 07 let me know. Thaks Justin

Try to get an ATV specific bend or you WILL have issues with mounting controls. I have always run Tag T2 CR high bend bars on my 250R's and my '04 450 with no problem, but when I tried to put them on my '07 there wasn't enough room for everything. One problem was Tag shortened the usable mount area by almost an inch compared to older style bars. The newer thumb throttle on the '06-07 makes it even worse since the throttle is bigger. I spent the last week running from shop to shop measuring bars and and calling the manufacturers, this is what I found. Any motorcycle bar is going to cause problems, Tags are by far the shortest at a little over seven inches of usable area, Renthal Fatbars and Pro Taper CR highs have eight inches. To mount all controls properly, you need at least 8 3/4. The best bar I found is Pro Taper Contour ATV low bend, they have specs almost identical to CR highs, but have nine inches of bar area, and are made specifically for ATV controls. They are also available in mid and high bends. Another option is '07 YFZ Pro Tapers. but they're only available from Yamaha and they retail for $211. :eek2:

Shocka400ex
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys. My bars are finished. I went with a RC low bend but I also took all the crap I didn't need off my bars so it all fits. BTW a little too low but I'm short. I hooked up the start button to a simple kill switch button which most MXers do. Now I am trying to figure out how to hook the lights up to a simple on/off switch so that I can easily throw them on at the dunes. Anyone done this mod yet?