PDA

View Full Version : LTR Shocks on KFX - Pics Inside

Vindex Injuriae
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry it took so long to get these up, I know a couple of people were wanting pics.

LTR shocks on an 06 KFX w/ ASR +2/+1 arms. They bolted up nice, I only needed to make an aluminum spacer for the nottom mount. The LTR shocks are narrower on the bottom than the KFX shocks. Ride is much, much better than stock - very smooth.http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u300/VindexInjuriae/DSCF0672.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u300/VindexInjuriae/DSCF0673.jpg

fasterz69
03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
arent those reservoirs supposed to be facing backwards.........thats how they are on the ltr

Vindex Injuriae
03-05-2007, 06:38 PM
They do face back on the LTR, howevr, there isn't enough clearance on the KFX because of the radiator. It makes no difference to the shock which way it's pointed though.

05Z400rdr
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
you took the radiator shrouds off would you have room?...also, just curious, how did u make spacers?

Vindex Injuriae
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
With he shrouds off it was still closer than I wanted.
For the spacers I had some thick aluminum pucks that I drilled out an rounded off to fit in.

fasterz69
03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
it would probably be fine without the shrouds and i heard that there facing backwards yo help the center of gravity..... you should turn them around and ride it for a while and see if anything happens or hits and if it does then just switch it back but thats just a suggestion

Sprks450r04
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
your an idiot those shocks are valved to be the other way!!!!!!

Vindex Injuriae
03-12-2007, 12:39 AM
which one are you calling the idiot?

rockman
03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Vindex Injuriae
which one are you calling the idiot?
LOL i "HOPE" he's just joking. Direction would have NO effect on the valving.

drnez
03-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Direction would also not affect the center of gravity. :eek2:

Where do people come up with this stuff?

fasterz69
03-12-2007, 08:44 AM
ok well i said about the center of gravity because i watched a show and one of the top designers was talking about the ltr how it was all set up for racing right out of the box and that the reservoirs were facing back to help the center of gravity so thats just what i heard so dont get all pist off at me because i didnt call you an idiot....sorry for posting what i heard.

rockman
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Lol you guys are waaaaay too uptight. I was referring to the valving of the shocks being affected by the direction of the shocks. I guess that center of gravity COULD be affected by the direction, but I highly doubt you could tell. We're talking about 2lbs MAYBE and only a couple inches. being low on coolant most likely has more of an affect than the direction of the shocks. To me its not worth damaging my radiator, what do i know ;) .

fasterz69
03-12-2007, 08:58 AM
i know thats why i asked you if they would hit with the shrouds off or not because i was just thinkin it would look better and doesnt that make your adjustment screw face the inside of the frame or does it face out the way it is

Vindex Injuriae
03-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't see the direction of the reservoirs affecting my riding, maybe at the pro level it is a valid concern, but not for me!

As for the valving, yeah, if they're upside down it may cause an issue, but they have NO idea which way they're pointing.... they fit and look good this way, they work great and I like them - I don't have to worry about my radiator getting whacked, flipped around they come to close for me.

redrunner
03-13-2007, 05:54 AM
This conversion has been done numerous times, I am not a big advocate of "swapping" shocks but this set has seemed to have worked out ok for most. You will not get a "custom" tailored ride but better than stock I suppose.

I would how ever suggest you do re position the shocks, center of gravity, functionality will not really be affected. What will happen is you will hit something with those babies and ruin them.

A good bud has them on his and has no clearance issue with his radiator.

drnez
03-13-2007, 06:19 AM
What makes them any more prone to being damaged than standard side-mount ressies?

redrunner
03-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by drnez
What makes them any more prone to being damaged than standard side-mount ressies?

I suppose nothing really, I just can think of all the times a branch or tree limb has skimmed down the front side of my quad and it looks like they would catch it much more easily...IMO that's all.