PDA

View Full Version : Where to send it??

bert400
03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
My buddy wants to get some motor work done on his wheeler and he dont know where to send it. You guys got any ideas? Performance shops? I searched it but couldnt really find anything. If you sent your motor to a shop let me know how they did.

underpowered
03-05-2007, 09:50 AM
well need more info. what type of bike is it? what exactly does he want done? how much does he want to spend?

jrm03
03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I purchased a stroker from a fella who had it done at GT Thunder. Very impressive. C&D did the head work and Rocky Ridge lightened the flywheel. GT can do it all but it takes some coin.

NacsMXer
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jrm03
I purchased a stroker from a fella who had it done at GT Thunder. Very impressive. C&D did the head work and Rocky Ridge lightened the flywheel. GT can do it all but it takes some coin.

Hey, you got that thing running yet? How do you like it?

northwest Texas
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll plug for Colby at C&D. I'm very satisfied.

Chin_Chilla
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
I'll plug for Colby at C&D. I'm very satisfied. Hey NorthWest, are you familiar with Kermit Sand Hills? Are they still opened? PM me back if you don't mind...

northwest Texas
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I know of them, that's about it. Never been there. You're far closer to them than I.

I couldn't tell you for sure if they're still open.

If I remember right, they were in Dirtwheels when they did the "Where to ride in Texas" or "Sand Dunes of the US" or something like that about 2 years ago.

bert400
03-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Its a warrior that he wants to get work done too. Idk why. I told him he should just save up a little more and buy a 400ex or 450r or yfz but he dont listen....he really likes his warrior for some reason. but thanks for the ideas ill let him know. Oh and i dont know how much he wants to spend.

R'Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
powroll has built some nice warriors and some pretty respectable motors or so I've heard for the warrior. I don't know it's worth a shot. powroll.com Call them and see what kind of prices and services they offer. Grab a big log and try to knock some sense into him, maybe then he'll save and get a 450 or 400ex.

KB Motorsports
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I would send it to Joe at Rossier engineering if you want a builders touch.. However, if your friend wanted to do it himself.. I could save him some money on a HotRod Stroker kit.

bert400
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey thanks R'Fanatic ill have to try that.:p . Ok thanks for the ideas ill let him know. Hopefully the log will work and he'll just get a 400 or 450.:p

n811
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I have a warrior that is the back-up quad for when I need someone to ride with. I say if its still running good just put in a hotcam. It is the best powergain you can buy for under 200 bucks.I am assuming there is a pipe on it. I have bored mine and really diddnt notice much. (not like the cam) you could spend over $200 on porting and get some performance but as far as motors go.....cam for shure