PDA

View Full Version : This weekend 3/10-3/11?

screaminta
03-05-2007, 05:26 AM
I was wondering if the race in L.E.H. was still on for this weekend. The directions are not posted yet, and I was also wondering what times are we supposed to be there for sign-in etc. thanks.

QuadRacer041
03-05-2007, 07:40 AM
i am going to go out on a limb and say the whole series is cancelled until further notice.
dale doesnt seem to want to post it so i will for him.

screaminta
03-05-2007, 10:31 AM
when you say "go out on a limb" are you telling something that is a fact or an opinion, maybe something in between? I was really looking forward to racing this series this year so that sux if its true. Let us know...thanks

QuadRacer041
03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
well im like 95% sure this weekends race is cancelled. thats why dale hasnt been around, he doesnt want to have to admit that the race isnt going to happen. he's only changed the schedule 10 times already and the season hasnt even started yet. when the race is going to happen for sure, he will post it. "the race is on" or something like that. the rest of the schedule is more of just well that might be about when the race is going to happen but we're not sure yet so.....

quadgod440ex
03-06-2007, 06:19 AM
This is Pathetic.... I really wanted to race this series. Guess im gonna have to look for another points series to run. Wish i would have none this series was gonna be a joke before i sat around waiting.

Dale@AGP
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
No the series isnÕt canceled...ItÕ just being delayed.

For those that donÕt know it, IÕm also the President of the New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org and IÕm totally committed to off-road riding in New Jersey as well as Pennsylvania and New York.

The issue with LEH is that we have a willing landowner that is making his property available for an off-road park.

But to create the park we need to go through the proper channels of getting the property re-zoned for motorized recreation use and to do that we have to go before two planning boards in two communities with a formal proposal for such usage.

How does that effect races on the property? First I donÕt want the races to jeopardize what weÕre doing with the park concept, I donÕt want this to be a burden on the communities that the proposed park is located in and our goal is to provide a safe, legal and environmentally friendly riding park for everyone in the region.

As far as races at LEH goes...all of the events are going to be fund raisers for the communities that the event is located in with the gate fees going to the local Fire Companies and Rescue Squads as well as other not for profits in the community.

Just last year alone the Atlantic Grand Prix series raised over $45,000.00 for such causes and for 2007 we are looking to double that.

Some might view the AGP series as a for profit business, but we are an LLC and that was done because when I started the series I couldnÕt find enough people to sit on a board to make it a non-profit that provides motorized recreation, but thatÕs the direction that the series is going in.

Maybe I was being overly optimistic scheduling events for February and March. Last year the same thing happened with Fort Dix location and we didnÕt get the series off until April, but at least IÕm trying to do something when were others have giving up.

If you support the series youÕll be patient because good things will come from it...

Sincerely,

Dale Freitas
Director of The Atlantic Grand Prix Series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com
President of NJOHVA http://www.njohva.org

jetboy1004
03-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I think it's awsome what your doing. Looking forward to the up coming weekend. Still on right?? Looking forward to catchin all that action:D

QuadRacer041
03-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by jetboy1004
I think it's awsome what your doing. Looking forward to the up coming weekend. Still on right?? Looking forward to catchin all that action:D

you must be new to the agp.