PDA

View Full Version : Carb Help

FloppyDonkey
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Friend of mine acquired a TRX90 from his brother. The quad has been sitting for 2 years due to the rear end being locked down. Fixing this was the easy part, took it apart and cleaned it.

The problem came when starting it. I took the carb off and cleaned it three times to date. It idles very high when started. Last night I took the carb off again and cleaned it and it actually started to settle in although the idle was still just a bit high and when you throttled it up it would settle back down and rev up once after letting off. Tonight it is back to idleing very high after start up.

Anyone have any ideas?

ibthegator
03-06-2007, 07:24 AM
vacuum leak somewhere

FloppyDonkey
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
If it has a vacuum leak, I cant find it. What I have found was the needle was not seated under the clip in the slide. I fixed this and thought that the problem would be solved, but of course thats not gonna happen.

There is a slot in the slide pictured below and 180 degrees from this is where the idle adjustment screw goes into the slide to adjust the idle by riding up down on the taper in the slide. My theory is: The slot that runs the length of the slide is used to locate it and not allow it to turn, only the whatever you call it in the carb that goes into the slide is broken,missing, or jacked up.

FloppyDonkey
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Below is a picture of the carb where I think the problem is. It looks like a piece of plastic in a cast hole that goes into the bore which was used to locate the slide and keep it from turning when throttled up. If this is the case how is this fixed.

It is the hole located to the left and just under the vaccum line.

Sorry if some of my terminology is not correct.

ROBBSRACING
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I have plenty of brand new take off carbs laying around the shop. If you want one $20 plus shipping and one is all yours. Let me know.

FloppyDonkey
03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I got it running after a couple of cussfits and threatening to load it up and throw it off a bridge. :D

I took a punch and knocked the plastic piece into the bore just enough to locate the sleeve, and it runs good.
However I feel that this is only a temporary fix at best. So I will be in touch.

Thanks

FloppyDonkey
03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Thanks Robb

Carb worked great got everything back together this past weekend.
Thanks Again.

ROBBSRACING
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Your welcome. Glad to help.