PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Utility racing

firefighterjosh
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
My first utility race is March 10th. Going to be racing my KQ 700.

Never raced a utility machien and looking for some advice.

Right now this is what I figured out.......

Just changed all the fluids
Went and did the best power slids and stuff I could (snowy out and frozen) trying to figure out the tire roll. So Far I got about 8 PSI in the tires and it works good. Stiffined my front suspension to take away that bouncy feeling. Took my lights off (dang sport quads kick up alot of stuff:scary: ) Installed a better battery. More cranking amps.

I ya I will be running GP race on this. Also its going to be a muddy muddy race. Any tips on keep the radiator clean?

Thinking about putting some duct tape over the front bumper screen. I would think it would still get enough air.

Better tires I would love to have but No mula for me right now lol

Any advice is appreciated:)

idro
03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
wow, thats different. But fun. :cool:

firefighterjosh
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by idro
wow, thats different. But fun. :cool:

Ya it should be...I will be sure to post some pics...if I can get some. Depends on how good of a camera guy my dad decides to be:p

Doober
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
sounds sweet post some pics:D

firefighterjosh
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Doober
sounds sweet post some pics:D

Its been raining/snowying every day the last week. They already cancled the MX races cuz of the rain/ muddy condidtions. So hopefully they don't xle this since its more of a XC race. Suppose to Rain and snow mix the day of the race. So Hopefully I could pull off a overall my first time:chinese:

idro
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL i remember when I had my 4x4 Utility, in rain or snow I would totally leave my friend behind who had a 350 warrior. Total trail ownage because of the 4x4 action. :cool:

But this would be the slippery clay mud, that stuff is OH SO FUN to drift in. I get out on the same trails with the 400 and have a blast.

firefighterjosh
03-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by idro
LOL i remember when I had my 4x4 Utility, in rain or snow I would totally leave my friend behind who had a 350 warrior. Total trail ownage because of the 4x4 action. :cool:

But this would be the slippery clay mud, that stuff is OH SO FUN to drift in. I get out on the same trails with the 400 and have a blast.

Ya clay is a blast. Kidna like being on sticky ice......but it never wants to come off you quad:scary: hard to wash

idro
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Ya clay is a blast. Kidna like being on sticky ice......but it never wants to come off you quad:scary: hard to wash

haha yea, i've only ridden on snow ONCE and it was like an inch :( We don't get snow in bama :(