PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure regulator issue.

blholtz
03-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok this is real, I just spent three weeks trying to find the problem with my LTR. And as always it ended up being the last thing I could have imagine.

First the symptoms: I was riding, great day of it for that matter, anyway last ride of the day the quad started missing, barely running, no power whatsoever. It wouldn't idle, barely start, miss @ half throttle if it did start.

I went through the entire quad checking everthing, fuel filters, plug, all electrical conections. I even took a stabl in the dark thinking it had to be the throttle position sensor, so I replaced it and no change.

So today after spending the last week mad as heck and thinking it over as to what I could have possible overlooked. Two things came to my mind over and over; either the fuel pressure regulator or the ignition coil.

Anyway I removed the regulator and I could blow air through it with just normal lung pressure, not any where near the 43-45 psi needed to feed the injector. I disassembled the regulator and looked things over, there are no parts to really inspect so I just took a screw driver whacked the internal piece with the screwdriver handle and put it back together. I blew into the inlet side again with my finger over the injector and I could not blow any air through the regulator.

I put the whole quad back together and it started instantly, ran great and had no problems with it riding today.

Still going to replace the regulator with a new one, on thinking back over the last few months I believe this has been a problem for awhile just not this persistent.

Well I hope this helps someone else, I couldn't believe that the regulator did that, but it did like I said above this was the last thing that I checked.

AL Elks
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Glad to here you figured it out.

Thanks for the info!

AL

blholtz
03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
no problem, I hope that some one will get some use out of this.

Who knows maybe mine is the only one with this gremlin, that is my luck, but if someone else should come up with it maybe this will help.

suzukiray
03-05-2007, 01:00 AM
DON'T go buy a new regulator! You already did what you had to do in cleaning it! This is a common problem with these fuel injected bikes. Same issue with some of the 700 Raptors I work on. Save your money & just clean out the regulator once in awhile. Ray.

blholtz
03-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the tip, Ray.

But when I took it apart I found absolutly no debris in the regulator whatsoever.

I thought that maybe the pressure piston jammed in the opening.

ryann mx68
11-01-2007, 07:43 AM
hey guys, im working on my buds 06 ltr, it was running poorly and symtoms are spot-on to what your talking about here.

i cleaned the bowl [it was nasty, full of junk] i could hardly blow through the fuel filter. a new fuel filter will be in tomorrow, but where is the fuel pressure regulator located at? is it at the rear/bottom of tank, near the seat? anything else i should check??

thanks...

ryann mx68
11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
nobody????

hondaracer31
11-05-2007, 05:08 AM
The bottom, rear of the tank. It's bolted to the tank.

ryann mx68
11-05-2007, 05:30 AM
thanks....

culichi
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]
Well I hope this helps someone else, I couldn't believe that the regulator did that, but it did like I said above this was the last thing that I checked. [/B][/QUOTE]

well im glad that you didnt kept looking after you found it :p hahahaha just kiddin