PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing

YFZer
03-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Me and a bunch of buddies like to do a little dragg racing every now and then and We run 200FT in the dirt. My biggest problem is getting off the line in second gear. It kinda bogs a little from a second gear dead stop take off. First gear spins the tires off but dont give me the launch. What would be the best gearing for 200FT. It is stock now, I think its a little high geared for second gear take offs.

redlineranger
03-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by YFZer
Me and a bunch of buddies like to do a little dragg racing every now and then and We run 200FT in the dirt. My biggest problem is getting off the line in second gear. It kinda bogs a little from a second gear dead stop take off. First gear spins the tires off but dont give me the launch. What would be the best gearing for 200FT. It is stock now, I think its a little high geared for second gear take offs.

i dont know the exacts on stock teeth numbers, but gear a tooth down in the front, and then get the back sprocket to compensate with that.... i have the same problem with starting in 2nd gear. i dont drag, race mx only, but our track here as a concrete gate. so i start in 2nd and just hold it to the bars and do a hell of a burn out off the line and catch the dirt and haul *ss. gets me holeshot most of the time.

but anyways gearing one down in the front, and the back gear to compensate with that should work for you. wish i knew the number of teeth on the stock sprockets so i could be of more help.

06YFZ450SE
03-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Stock gearing is 14 front and 38 Back. I went one tooth up a gear on the front and my topend is alot better 1 tooth bigger in the front is like 2 teeth smaller in the rear.

250r4life
03-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by YFZer

i run big heavy sand stars, in the sand (obviously), with the stock gearing and just the baffle out of my pipe... i have to get my weight forward and on top of the bars to keep my front end down...

you shouldnt be bogging.... if you work the clutch right you should come out of there like a screamin deamon in 2nd...