PDA

View Full Version : smell ideneification haha

81 clark racing
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
ok so today i was out riding and my buddie was behinde me( on a yamaha) haha and he said that my bike smelt like rotten eggs haha. i no when a car smells like this they say it needs a tune up. anyone no why my bike would smell like this? also when i started it, it was back fireing and runing like crap. and its been runing fine for like 2 years now on the same jets, temp and i havnt changed anything? any answer would be niice thanxs guys

Scott-300ex
03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
You can smell when a car needs a tune up?

:huh

Ok, good luck with that.

I gaurentee you wut he smelt was carbon, get it timed, adjust the rockers, and run it hard for a while to clean it out.

81 clark racing
03-04-2007, 05:34 PM
yea thats what ive heard. it could just be a old wives tale idk

haggard fab
03-04-2007, 10:54 PM
usually when a car smells like rotten eggs it means the cat. convertor is going bad.. but since quads obviously dont have them i dunno unless you had taco bell or something before you went out riding

interceptorz28
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by haggard fab
usually when a car smells like rotten eggs it means the cat. convertor is going bad.. but since quads obviously dont have them i dunno unless you had taco bell or something before you went out riding

lol.:p

yeah usually the catalytic converter, so you musta gone south of the border for lunch.