PDA

View Full Version : $500 predator

Stevie-D
03-04-2007, 10:48 AM
one of my friends has a predator (think it's an 04). his parents bought it new for him a few years ago.
last summer we tore it down and painted the frame on it. we put it all back together except for the plastics and a few electrical hookups.

he lost interest in it and hasnt touched it since then. i was in his garage looking at it yesterday and told him to get it together so we can go riding in the spring (i was planning on buying an 01 400ex). that was when he explained to me that he doesnt enjoy it anymore (has a motorcycle that he is always riding)

i started laughing and said that hell i'd give him $500 for it (completely joking) a few hours later he asked me how quick i can get the money! i looked at him and laughed, then realized that he is serious!!!

so in a month or so after i pay off the tranny for my dodge (ya, finally getting it fixed for the 3rd time:p ) i'll have it.

so ya, i am buying an almost showroom condition predator for $500!!!

i'll snap some pictures of it when i'm over there again

Blue250X
03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
You lucky son of a gun!! Congrats!:macho

CRich[814]
03-04-2007, 10:57 AM
thats awesome!

05Z400rdr
03-04-2007, 11:13 AM
woah..thats awesome dude!

400EXTRA
03-04-2007, 11:26 AM
sweet!

Stevie-D
03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
ya i couldnt believe that he is serious. the only thing it needs is the lower oil hose. the polaris definately isnt my quad of choice, but for $500 i can't exactly turn it down!

XCpred
03-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Thats one hell of a deal man. You'll enjoy it.

Honda#4
03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Dam now that's a deal, I've never seen a deal like that before. Except for a pair of Roll Design A-arms that a guy had for cheap.

400eXr1d3rZ
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
You're going to love that predator...my buddy has one and hasn't had a problem yet (been a couple of months)...you can whip it around turns without a worry of flipping, you can do a 360 on dirt if you want to :scary: They're so low and heavy.

Stevie-D
03-04-2007, 12:29 PM
i havent ridden one yet, but im sure i'll be happy with it. after i ride it i'll decide if i want to work the suspension or not. i havent had much luck finding aftermarket stuff for them yet. i'll keep looking though. i have however found a wideing kit that extends the a-arm mounting points to widen the front using the stock suspension

:huh :rolleyes:

Stevie-D
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
haha ya that thought already crossed my mind. i may end up doing that. dont want to really piss off my buddy though when i make thousands off the thing:p

firefighterjosh
03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
haha ya that thought already crossed my mind. i may end up doing that. dont want to really piss off my buddy though when i make thousands off the thing:p

so.......lol

Sell it then you have money to get your dodge all done.:p

WHITE SEAT
03-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Don't worry about your bud, if he does get peassed off just tell him he shouldnt of sold it to you:p
All in all you have a sweet deal on an pred...

BlasterEaten250
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Wow nice deal, though I would call him right now and make sure he wasn't drunk or something:p

Stevie-D
03-05-2007, 04:09 AM
i could probably easily make at least 2500 off the thing. i have no idea what they are worth:confused:

but i definately could take that money and build a pretty nasty motor for my dodge. i don't have to worry about the tranny anymore: its now got a fresh rebuild and a 2 year warranty
:devil:

firefighterjosh
03-05-2007, 04:12 AM
i could probably easily make at least 2500 off the thing. i have no idea what they are worth:confused:

but i definately could take that money and build a pretty nasty motor for my dodge. i don't have to worry about the tranny anymore: its now got a fresh rebuild and a 2 year warranty
:devil:

For how you talk about the dang dodge and all the problems it has I would sell the thing.....its the devil:devil:

Then again a built 460 would be nice........or even better a 12 vavle:macho

Stevie-D
03-05-2007, 03:37 PM
ive been really close to selling it a few times but never went through with it. i've had random people come up to me wanting to buy it. just had the tranny redone, and after i pay that, i'll have spent over 4 grand on top of what i paid for the damned thing. and now that i have the tranny warrantied, i'm not afraid of breaking it:devil: besides, almost everything on the damned thing is new now.

oh, and the hell with a 12v... ive been wanting to buy a truck with a 24v turbo and swap the complete drivetrain and wiring etc into my dodge. unfortunately i havent won the lottery yet and the damned thing kept breaking on me:mad:

firefighterjosh
03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
ive been really close to selling it a few times but never went through with it. i've had random people come up to me wanting to buy it. just had the tranny redone, and after i pay that, i'll have spent over 4 grand on top of what i paid for the damned thing. and now that i have the tranny warrantied, i'm not afraid of breaking it:devil: besides, almost everything on the damned thing is new now.

oh, and the hell with a 12v... ive been wanting to buy a truck with a 24v turbo and swap the complete drivetrain and wiring etc into my dodge. unfortunately i havent won the lottery yet and the damned thing kept breaking on me:mad:

Ya 24v are nice...but if your not planning on drag racing it, I would just get the 12vavle. Alot cheaper to hop up and its easier to make them blow smoke:macho ...........if yer into that thing:scary: