PDA

View Full Version : People needed in Lansing Michigan on Tuesday March 6th

yettiatcpg
03-04-2007, 04:58 AM
People needed in Lansing on Tuesday March 6th

Ok people I'll try and bring you up to speed, me and some others in the ORV community have been working for years to get the roads in lower Michigan reopened to ORV travel on the road shoulders. the Bill being introduced would allow countys to reopen road shoulders as they see fit for ORV use(OUR USE) if you ride in Michigan at all you should support this bill.

From the Desk of Dick Ranney...

People needed in Lansing on Tuesday March 6th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely important!
We need people in Lansing Tuesday.

Here is why..... At 5:00 pm, I got a call from representative Sheltrown. They had just come out of a meeting with those in opposition to house bill 4323. We did decent, holding our own, but with strong opposition from cram, things being led by MDOT.

Two main issues, damage to road shoulders and enforcement. There is a long standing tussle between county commissions (mac) and road commissions, (cram) over the roads. Today, MAC refused to surrender more than the 30% control number in 4323 to cram, in addition, MAC refused to agree in changing the 50/50 split on the citation money in 44323. Where does that leave us, there will be more meetings at the above level between now and the 13th, the day of the committe vote. We are not a part of them.

Next Tuesday, the 6th of March is our day, probably the most important in this whole drama. It is testimony day. This in where the game of politics gets really good. The meeting last just 1 1/2 hours. We can expect all the opponents to be there. I will not get into all the details for fear of losing you.

There has been 3 chosen to speak for the ORV community, two minutes each. Be at the Anderson Building at 10:30, if you are standing on the front steps of the Capitol, it is across the street and a little to your left. Parking ramp next door.

The most valuable thing we can have that day are hand written letters. Not e-mails, not phone calls to your representative., but hand written letters supporting 4323. Its going to be tough, but they will be like gold. We need one more thing, bodies. The room seats about 100, there will be 70 empty seats, we need to fill every seat, we need to fill the hallway, we need to fill the foyer and pour out onto the sidewalk. If we can do this at 10:30 a.m. On a tuesday, we have sent a message that lansing fully understands. The people are making a strong statement! how bad do you want this bill? nothing comes easy, sacrifices and involvement are a must. Get on the phone and get busy, we can make 4323 become a reality. We must be there to support the legislators who support us. 50 co-sponsors to a bill don't happen every day, we have friends! sometime tomorrow, we will have a conference call with ama, aatva, and ccc and plan further action. We urge you to talk this up on the forums, get the word out, if we do not fill those 70 seats, our stock takes a dive. We will get back to you asap on how to deliver the letters. Sorry about the short notice, but this is politics and tuesday is a major step in what we have to do to win.
LATER-DICK--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIDERS-this is some serious stuff! Please take the day off work [if possible] and grab as many folks as you can jam into your vehicle and make a showing here in Lansing this Tuesday.

400EXTRA
03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
that would be sweet if it opened but you got to think about it. if it gives the counties the opportunity to open them it dont mean they have to open the side of the road. and why would they when there is no public riding areas in southern michigan

03-04-2007, 01:54 PM
atleast their trying

yettiatcpg
03-06-2007, 03:34 AM
well considering that we have 5 countys that are open or partially open in the lower right now the bill would make clear what the countys can do. the current law is a little "gray" and theres been question if the countys had the attoarity to open. so I hope things go well today, it would be a huge step to getting change in this state.

400EXTRA
03-06-2007, 05:13 AM
i relley hope it works out today also

03-06-2007, 06:29 AM
post details later tonight please!

400EXTRA
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
please let us know i wish i would have been there today

400EXTRA
03-07-2007, 05:07 AM
SO HOW DID IT GO

ShiftFMX
03-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
SO HOW DID IT GO

400EXTRA
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
are you going to tell us or what

Ghost-Rider
03-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Hope it works..... sounds like the suspense is killin some of ya lol.

400EXTRA
03-08-2007, 05:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Hope it works..... sounds like the suspense is killin some of ya lol. [/QU

we just want to know im going to try to email him.

400EXTRA
03-08-2007, 05:14 AM
i just emailed him so i will let you guys know what happend

400EXTRA
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
come on you started it now finish it

yettiatcpg
03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
are you going to tell us or what?

I hope this answers your question...

HB 4323, which would regulate ORVs on county roads in northern Michigan was reported to the full House of Representatives by the House Tourism, Outdoor Recreation, and Natural Resources Committee this morning on a vote of 11-0. The committee exercised its option to recommend that the full House adopt the bill.

You may wish to contact your state representative ASAP and ask that they support the bill on the House floor.

-Joel Sheltrown

http://house.michigan.gov/find_a_rep.asp

yettiatcpg
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry to have kept you in suspence. I didn't get the info till about 20 minutes ago.