PDA

View Full Version : Question about parking brake removal!!

redlineranger
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
i took my parking brake off and put a block off plate on, and for some reason its alot harder to roll in gear now with the clutch pulled. but i noticed on a friend of mines yfz it was the same way, and i asked another friend of mine about his raptor and he to said his was the same way. so im guessing its normal? just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on this so i'd no for sure.

thanks

03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I took mine off, and I didnt notice anything.

redlineranger
03-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I took mine off, and I didnt notice anything.

yea i didnt notice it either until i tried to roll it up into my little shed. used to be easy to roll it with the clutch pulled in gear, but now it takes a little more effort. i was just wondering why taking the parking brake off would have anything to do with that.

jshtex
03-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Make sure the block off plate is not pressing on the pin underneath it. If it does it will push the break pads against the rotor. Some of the block off's are not deap enough. It will also make it more dificult to put on new pads.

It is easy to test just pull off the blockoff and see if it frees up.

redlineranger
03-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jshtex
Make sure the block off plate is not pressing on the pin underneath it. If it does it will push the break pads against the rotor. Some of the block off's are not deap enough. It will also make it more dificult to put on new pads.

It is easy to test just pull off the blockoff and see if it frees up.

alright, i'll try that sometime tomorrow afternoon. if it frees it up with it off, how am i gonna get it to where its free with it on. i spent 15 bucks on the damn block off plate so its gonna stay on there someway or another. oh also what does this pin look like. i really didnt pay any attentions to the thing, i just took the PB and the gasket under it off, and put the block off plate on.

thanks

jshtex
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
You can't really mis the pin, thats the reason for the hollow part on the back side of the blockoff. I bought one once that was too shallow and it pressed on the pin, I just bought another one.

I guess you could drill out the hole some to clear, if that is the problem.

redlineranger
03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
yea this one i got isnt very deep, so its probably pressing up against the pin..... i'll have to fix it someway because i cant by another one..i cant spend anymore money on 4wheeler parts anytime soon seeing as i have to start paying for truck insurance in about a month. and save a money cus i know im gonna burn up a sh*t load of gas.

but yea i've gotta find someway to fix it cus i dont want to have to buy new brake pads.

54warrior
03-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't see why grinding the pin off a bit would hurt? Sure beats buying another block off plate.