PDA

View Full Version : No Oil in Clutch? Maybe burned

cgndhhh
03-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey guys well my friend just bought an 07 yfz450 and weve been out riding bout 2-3 times. Today when we went riding all of a sudden as he was riding the bike seemed to just lose all power and then eventually stallled out. When to turn it back on and it started fine, while in nuetral we revved it almost to full throttle with no problems, bike seemed strong. carb boot didnt come loose no loose connections that I can see. the problem is when ever he tries to let the clutch out it instantly stalls, he can have the gas pinned more than half way and just slowly start easing the clutch out and it stalls and dies, i checked in the clutch side to see if there was any oil in there and it looks bone dry. we've only been out riding with his bike twice b4 if it was dry from the dealership wouldnt it have burn up already? any help would be appreciated thanks, p.s. adjusting the clutch did not do anything, checked the carb and everything seemed fine, problem seems to be only when we try to engage it in gear and let off the clutch.

The Great
03-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Put oil in the clucth side possibly could be dry from the factory. Ive seen a motor run with barely any oil anywhere in the motor ( oil filter on backwards) ran a race and blew up last lap. So its possible your factroy didnt fill it up

CDCHONDAS
03-04-2007, 10:44 AM
if you think it didnt have oil in take it right back to the dealer before you do anything, just putting oil in it isnt going to free it up if something is burnt together.

Scott-300ex
03-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Clutch is locked up, prolly need a new one.

deathman53
03-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I had a atc250r that did that, it had transmittion problems. It would start in neutral and in gear w/ the cluth pulled in, but once you pulled the cluth out when in gear it would leach forward a tad and stall.

cgndhhh
03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
ya thanks, guys thats wut i thought, he called his dealer but theyre trying to give him the run around that his warranty does not cover normal wear and tear!! and its his third time takin it out. In case the dealer does try to screw him over and tells him its not covered im gonna take the clutch side cover off and check the clutch plates/discs and see, should i be looking for them to look a certain color and would it just be replacing the disks themselves usually?

bwamos
03-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Take it to another dealer.

They get paid by Yamaha to do the warranty work. It should be easy to get fixed.

cgndhhh
03-08-2007, 01:39 PM
yea thas wut well probably end up doing, the place is Bert's Mega Mall in SoCal. And anyone around here knows how "great" their customer service and and how "low" their prices are on parts