PDA

View Full Version : ATTN all people with pep steering stablizers

10-23-2001, 05:27 PM
If you have a pep steering stablizer mounted to a 300ex or 400ex please post a pic. i need to see as many as i can on the bike also try to show the mounts for both ends.

thank you

either post it here or please send it to me at
cyipher@yahoo.com

kc 300EX
10-23-2001, 05:41 PM
would this be for you VW bug steering Dampner idea??
Seems like a good diea to me, if you look in most parts mazines, they have good pics of the PEP dampner, i know Ronnies catologue does atleast, im not sure about on the bike though............in one issue of Dirtwheels there were some good pics of how a Denton stabilizer mounts, maybe try to check that out

good luck

MOFO
10-23-2001, 07:56 PM
Hmmmm, let me search this site. I know I posted pics before for someone else. Hopefully they are still here...somewhere. If not, I'll snap a few tomorrow.

EDIT: I found my old post. Let me know if these pics are enough...

http://forums.exriders.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3519#post3519

Eric

400exRacerX
10-23-2001, 08:07 PM
yea i got the same damper and its a ***** to get it in just right

10-23-2001, 08:13 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

that is what exactly what i am looking for i now with those photos should have it dont by friday.

MOFO
10-23-2001, 08:19 PM
One word of advice...pull the front plastic off. My buddy bought his first and we installed it with the plastic on. That was a pain in the arse. When I bought mine, I pulled my plastic off and was able to install it myself...without someone holding it in place.

Eric

10-23-2001, 09:47 PM
any one have pics of the other pep steering stabilizer mounted?

Like this one
http://www.trengaracing.com/images/pepsteering01.jpg

and the one shown here is this one adjustable?

MOFO
10-24-2001, 05:36 AM
Hmmmm....is that the newer one?? The one that I have is adjustable, only 3 way though. They way you adjust it is with the top mount...there are 3 holes. Soft, Med, Hard. That looks like it should mount up the same way....that one in the pic seems to have the exact same top mount (with the 3 adjustable holes), so it looks like it adjusts the same way.

EDIT: Now that I've looked at it for awhile, that looks like the older PEP stabilizer....

Eric

10-24-2001, 08:07 AM
could you be nice enough to tell me which hole is for soft, med, hard?

MOFO
10-24-2001, 11:34 AM
LOL, good question. I did know when I installed it....(note to self...where did I put those damn directions????) I can tell you that the middle hole is the medium setting. Let me ask my one buddy and see if he still has his directions which lables what those holes are....

If I cant find it, I'm sure you could call PEP and ask them....

Eric

400exRacerX
10-24-2001, 06:57 PM
The hole closest to the steering stem when mounted is the softest setting, the middle hole is obviuosly medium, and the hole the farthest out is the firmest setting. Cyipher the pic you posted of your pep steering damper is the old version of the damper, that is the version that isnt rebuildable (meaning once it blows you throw it away and buy a new one) the one that VWVR6 and I have is the all new design that is completely rebuildable. They both mount the same though.