PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a pipe

jn7865
10-03-2002, 01:36 AM
ok Im lookin for a pipe for my 400ex. Im willing to get it jetted what ever. I want to know what the best pipe for the 400ex is and where can i get it.Ive heard from friends that LRD makes the best pipe but ive also heard that the R4 is the best? I want all together power awesome acceleration top end isnt that important to me. Please help

AtvRider21
10-03-2002, 12:39 PM
if top end isnt really important get a wb e series pipe. it adds aaaaawesome low-mid power and only a lil top. also the excelleration will be alot more with the right jetting. the sound is aawesome too

zzbudzz
10-03-2002, 01:21 PM
try this site they have some good prices for slip-ons the e-series for $209.00 www.chaparralmotorsports.com

Extremeracer167
10-03-2002, 01:49 PM
I think if u are running a mostly stock engine, and u want good low-mid......Pro Circuit T-4 is a GREAT pipe. And they are a reasonable price. i usually sell them for right around $180. I also heard Big Gun is a great LOW end pipe. But those are a little more pricey! But i would recommend a t-4 all the way, the strongest slip on ive rode in the stock engine category. Now if u got some engine work done,a nd u want that sucker to breathe, ide check into a TC or Sparks.

bpimpdaddy21
10-03-2002, 01:59 PM
You should look into getting a Pro Circuit T-4, it doesnt cost much, and it added a ton of low and mid end to my quad. T-4 all the way!

Kadafiy
10-03-2002, 02:48 PM
I run the HMF slip-on it is incredible on the low to mid. In my opinion it is the one of the best pipes and is the cheapest, but do a search on pipes and find out for yourself.

Ex_Rider43
10-03-2002, 03:13 PM
look for a dmc alien system it gives top end .

mopar 400
10-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by jn7865
ok Im lookin for a pipe for my 400ex. Im willing to get it jetted what ever. I want to know what the best pipe for the 400ex is and where can i get it.Ive heard from friends that LRD makes the best pipe but ive also heard that the R4 is the best? I want all together power awesome acceleration top end isnt that important to me. Please help I ran a e-sereis for a short time . great bottom end , good mid, fair top end. pm me make me an offer. im running a crurtis sparks x6 right now i love it great power all though the power band i think the sparks pipes or better then lrd but i might be wrong (come to think of it na sparks kick lrd *****)

flaneledholes
10-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Kadafiy
I run the HMF slip-on it is incredible on the low to mid. In my opinion it is the one of the best pipes and is the cheapest, but do a search on pipes and find out for yourself.

Truw Dat!!! I run the same thign adn well, my bud has a procircuit t4 and a dg, and well, I beat them both, even the t4 full system,(the dg is a full system also) I am about 3 pounds heavier than him too!!! I think hmf is building a great reputation for a good bottom end pipe!!!

yellow400
10-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jn7865
ok Im lookin for a pipe for my 400ex. Im willing to get it jetted what ever. I want to know what the best pipe for the 400ex is and where can i get it.Ive heard from friends that LRD makes the best pipe but ive also heard that the R4 is the best? I want all together power awesome acceleration top end isnt that important to me. Please help

I have a big gun slip on for sale. it is a great low end pipe, and i'm selling it. pm me. it costs like 260 new so make a reasonable offer. i have ridden on this pipe for a few days, and the spark arrestor is included and it was never used

thanks

buckNbanshee
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
WB E series are good pipes;)

Kadafiy
10-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Anyone who owns the HMF knows what we're talking about. I went to their shop in Brookly, OH and talked with them before deciding on their pipe. They really know what they're talking about. Everyone says to go with engine builders pipe's and list curtis, lrd, etc. but doesn't know HMF is an engine builder too. Only problem is it is loud but I have not tried the quiet core because I like the loud throaty sound. Oh well, good luck choosing.