PDA

View Full Version : gncc round 1 coverage??

QuadRacer041
03-03-2007, 12:04 PM
wheres all the famous atvriders gncc coverage this year?
harlen did you retire?

rbm300ex
03-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm waiting too!! Thought there would be all kinds of pics and postings already up and can't find ANYTHING!:confused:

Dale512
03-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, whats going on here?

bradley300
03-03-2007, 03:22 PM
the race isnt until tomorow

Dale512
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Did they change it this year? I always thought it was ATV on Saturday/Dirtbikes on Sunday.

161xchonda
03-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Today was practice for the quads. Tomorrow is quad racing. Monday is bike practice. Tuesday is bike racing. I think they are just doing it like this because it is in Florida and it is the first race of the year. I believe all the other races are regular.

bradley300
03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
correct, the florida race has always been a odd schedule for practice for the first round. all others are sat/sun events

QuadRacer041
03-03-2007, 03:56 PM
i know the race is tomorrow but ive seen pre race and pit coverage on another site and i figured harlen would be all over it with pics already too.....:(

rbm300ex
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I thought the youth raced today in the Fla. race and the was quad practice. Usually there have been all sorts of pics and info. posted re: pits, whose there, how it looks etc.
Can't find anything!! Come on!!

:confused:

Johnny & Monica
03-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Talked to Harlen and we will be starting the live coverage in the morning with the youth race. The ground is dry and hoping for some rain tonight to help with the dusty conditions. There should be a photo gallery posted sometime later tonight.

Pappy
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I watched harlen all weekend, begining with his flight in to the race, rental car and finally the track. Once there he went straight to work, and I mean work not kicking it with friends, but real work.

For 3 days straight he ran non stop. Photo shoot after photo shoot, arranging riders, getting some form of schedule so that riders would be ready etc. Then there is dealing with the race promotors, sponsors and others all wanting him to WORK for them. He handled it all like a professional. (if anyone ever feels the man is short with them, try following him for a day, he has ZERO free time)

Throughout the day, he would stop long enough to download photo's (over 3000 taken) and when your dealing with this stuff on a professional level with reports banking on things being correct, you can not just download them and move on. All the while his phone ringing off the hook with business dealings, upcoming and future events to promote and cover etc.

And to top it off, he gets the report in after an incredibly long day that the server is FULL! 11pm the man is working with the server company to get things corrected. Last I saw of him was about 3 am...punching keys so that a report could be posted.

So cut the man some slack if possible, I gave him enough hell in person:devil:

rbm300ex
03-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I think we all appreciate all he does, we just don't know all that goes into it. He does things so well, we just come to expect it.