PDA

View Full Version : What Would you Do?

ShiftFMX
03-03-2007, 11:47 AM
well, right now I work for Marriott, and dont get me wrong, its a great place to work, but its just not for me and the pay isnt that great either. I have a few opportunities at my finger tips right now. I have a buddy that is a supervisor at UPS and said he could get me a job there. Also, A woman I work for has a great relationship with a guy that owns a huge ford dealership here and said she could get me a job there and possibly sell cars.

I'm kind of stuck because I have great job security at the Marriott and they guarantee me 40 hours a week.

400exridin121
03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
i would go talk to the people and see if you can hang around and watch each job for a little bit, and then find the one you like the most, or if you like them all the one that pays best

just my $.02

Mxjunkie
03-03-2007, 12:03 PM
I would go sell car's, it's good money if your good with people, sometimes they get slow and you may not be selling as much so you have that to deal with but it would seem that if I was in your situtation that's what I would go with. :)\

That and you'll be making more money at a dealership then ups most likely. They usually start people out detailing and you can either move up into the parts or sales departments.

mephyst
03-03-2007, 12:36 PM
You're only 18. I'm only 18. If I were you I'd stay at the Marriot... you're young and it's going to be a lot more fun. Selling cars is not a job for everybody. It kills you when you realize that you've gone to work for 5 days straight (40 hours) and not made a single dollar because you haven't sold one car. UPS I hear is a decent job/pay.

But why leave the Marriot? I'm sure you got all kinds of hot chicks going in and out of there everyday..... I'd be using that to my advantage fo shooo. =P

Good luck man.

moto04racing
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exridin121
i would go talk to the people and see if you can hang around and watch each job for a little bit, and then find the one you like the most, or if you like them all the one that pays best

just my $.02 i agree

quadman440ex
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Out of those choices I would go to UPS. They probably pay well and have benefits.