View Full Version : banshee problem

x rider1291
03-03-2007, 10:57 AM
me and my dad just put reeds on our banshee. everything went well and then wen we went to start it it just revs wide open by itself. we havent really had too much time to look at it because my dad works alot. but i checked the to make sure the carbs were in rite and the floats were not stuck. im thinking its the throttle cable but i could be wrong....any ideas would be great.

thanks guys

400exrider989
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
if you want you can try and take off the throttle cables and get cable blaster, it blast all the gunk out inside the rubber and stuff
and then lubs the inside, or take it to the yama dealer and get them to put new cables in.
BUT buy some carb cleaner and balst out myour carbs first becuase you slides might be gunky

just what you might wanna try but im no expert

x rider1291
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
thx 400 we'll try it out

any other ideas?

TWILES
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
If the throttle was hung it would be obvious. Did you put new gaskets between the reed cage and the motor? Thats what 2-strokes do if they are pulling air in past the reed cage. If its before, it won't rev out like that on it own. My old 500 Quadracer did the same thing when it was pulling air from the back/bottom of the cylinder.

EX lvr
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
yea i agree with twiles, i would check for air leaks

banchee dave
03-05-2007, 05:34 PM
did you pull the carbs completely off? could you possibly have put the slides in backwords? like everyone said, check for air leaks, even around the carb caps. did you reinstall the choke cross-over tube? thats about all I think, just double check everything and you should be able to solve it.

TWILES
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I put my slides in backwards once and it didn't do that. It would only run wide open BUT I had to have the throttle wide open for it to even start. It has to be pulling from the cylinder. If it was behind the reedcage it wouldn't automatically go wide open because the reeds would limit the air. It would run like **** but not the way he described it. He left out the gaskets between the cages and cylinder or litterally left something out of the carbs.

firefighterjosh
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Like everyone else said....You prally have a airleak. I suggest buying new gaskets for the read cage

Washburn
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Did you cut the rubber tits off the intakes? If so they need to be sanded down flush or you will suck air. Gaskets. Also check the reed petals.

x rider1291
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Washburn
Did you cut the rubber tits off the intakes? If so they need to be sanded down flush or you will suck air. Gaskets. Also check the reed petals.

thats exactly wut we did because we bought vforce reeds. we cut the flaps and sanded them down and wen we went to start it it just revved wide open. from the wut it looks like we think its sucking in air and it sucs cause its gonna snow tomorrow......thats ok though we still got the 250r:devil:

majicmike
03-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by banchee dave
did you pull the carbs completely off? could you possibly have put the slides in backwords? like everyone said, check for air leaks, even around the carb caps. did you reinstall the choke cross-over tube? thats about all I think, just double check everything and you should be able to solve it.

thats what I was thinking slide backward.

x rider1291
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks guys...me and my dad just went and bought new gaskets and were gonna check everything and make sure there in properly. although we did find out that we did not get all the pieces when we bought the vforce reeds.:ermm:

firefighterjosh
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by x rider1291
thanks guys...me and my dad just went and bought new gaskets and were gonna check everything and make sure there in properly. although we did find out that we did not get all the pieces when we bought the vforce reeds.:ermm:

What do you still need? I may have them.

x rider1291
03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
im not exactly sure but ill ask my dad and find out for u

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 12:14 PM
make sure there are no air leaks that sounds like its your problem. Did you install the boost bottle after putting the reeds in. Iv seen people forget to put the boost bottle back in and it just lets alot of unwanted air in the manifold which makes it rev to the moon without touching the throttle