PDA

View Full Version : W.E.R. steering damper

A A R O N
03-03-2007, 08:46 AM
I just bought this off of eBay but don't really need it now.

It only includes a universal bracket for dirtbikes and the plat that it's on now was for a kawasaki. You would have to either make your own brackets or buy them from WER. I have some brackets that are not finished yet that could be useful and I would include them if you would like (they are for a 400ex).

I just took this apart and serviced it, brand new oil, no rides on it.

edit...the pic is not working, I will try to post it later.

gpd005
03-13-2007, 11:13 AM
You still have this?

REDRON
03-13-2007, 03:25 PM
not to jack your thread or anything but if it was made for a dirt bike the internal valving is not the same as for a quad .You can mount it but it wont perform the same as for one made for the quad .

A A R O N
03-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by REDRON
not to jack your thread or anything but if it was made for a dirt bike the internal valving is not the same as for a quad .You can mount it but it wont perform the same as for one made for the quad .

gpd 05, yes I still have this

Redron, no problem, but the wer dampers are the same inside for quads and bikes. The only difference is the mounting hardware.

gpd005
03-13-2007, 04:19 PM
PM sent to ya!

A A R O N
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/trxaaron/wer2.jpg

REDRON
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
gpd 05, yes I still have this

Redron, no problem, but the wer dampers are the same inside for quads and bikes. The only difference is the mounting hardware.

That is not true .I looked into buying one for a dirtbike and mnounting it on my quad .I called W.E.R. and read on their website and they said the internal valving is different for a dirt bike stabilizer vs a quad one .They work different .

A A R O N
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
They were probably just trying to get you to spend some money on a new one. When I email'd them about this one I asked what kind of oil I should use for an oil change. I made it a point to say it was not leaking or anything, I just wanted to change the oil. How did they reply? They simply ignored my real question and told me to pack it up and send it to them for a $75 rebuild. The wer dampers do not have "valving", they have a teflon bumper that moves in the oil. Now, it is a possibility that the internal parts are different between dampers but I would have to say, just from looking inside one that that's probably not the case. I would venture a guess that if you were told they work differently it would be because the linkage arm is different, therefore creating different leverage ratios. I could very well be wrong, but as of yet you are the only person I've heard say they are different inside and I havn't seen any proof yet so I'm sticking to my experience based opinion.
:)

REDRON
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok i said valving i wasnt refering to any exact parts inside .There is internal parts and they are different between the dirtbike ones and the quad ones .I have read in the manual of the one that i had and it stated that the dampening was different and that a dirtbike one could not and should not be mounted on a quad .