PDA

View Full Version : need help!

gclax1336
03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
how do you install a g-force axle or any axle on to a stock swinger. thanks

A A R O N
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Take the wheels off the hubs, then take the hubs off the axle. With the quad jacked up, or on a stand, remove the rear brake caliper. Next loosen the lock nut on the brake caliper side and remove the clip that holds it in place. Slide the lock nut off and set it aside. Then remove the clip that holds the brake stay on and slide that off. Next, move to the other side and find the master link in the chain. Take it out and take the chain off of the sprocket. The axle should now be free to slide out of the carrier. Transfer the sprocket hub and sprocket on to the new g-force, slide the axle in and reverse the process.

Somebody jump in to fill in if I forgot anything, I typed it fast and didn't really pay attention...

gclax1336
03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
thanks man but can some one and pics please it would make it alot easier for me

northwest Texas
03-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Aaron pretty much nailed it but I like to loosen the nuts first before removing the brake caliper just in case you need that additional help to break the nut(s) loose.

It's pretty basic in that I don't think pics will really help all that much. Just remember that the axle nuts (beside the brake) turn in reverse so that if you can imagine your quad's axle rolling forwards that would be tightening and if it was going in reverse that would be loosening.

There's only 2 bolts that hold the brake caliper (I think they're 10mm, or 12mm I can't remember which)

And it usually helps to loosen the chain and if yours is stock it may not have a master link so if you can loosen it enough to slip off to the inside of the sprocket the axle will pull on out.

gclax1336
03-04-2007, 01:59 PM
aaron where is the clip for the lock nut and i think you have it backwards for me because i have two nuts on the side with the sprokets and one lock nut on the brake side... so yeah im confused how to get this clip off help!

"THE ShoP"
03-05-2007, 01:06 AM
you have a z400 rite?,well if you do i don't think theres a clip befor the axel nut you just have to back off the nut closest to the swinger first then the out side one, remove brakes an hub an your done kinda