PDA

View Full Version : Works (pro series) owners!

Hoodeye3
10-02-2002, 10:50 PM
I just found a great deal on these shocks and purchased them they have arrived and look pretty sweet for the price, I am still waiting on my brake lines and arms (+2) so while I wait anxiously I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has these. I know many out there run the regular triples with remotes and like them, but I have not seen any posts on the pro series trips with comp & rebound adjustments any posotive, or neg feedback would be appreciated!

Hoodeye3
10-04-2002, 08:24 PM
These must be very special shocks indeed!

Tommy 17
10-04-2002, 08:42 PM
for the price they cost most people buy the elkas or pep shocks... i've personally only ever saw one set in person b4 and they looked like good quality..

NJ300ex
10-04-2002, 08:58 PM
I have them. I did not buy them new however. I got them used for a very good price. I got both front and rear.

I am impressed with them so far even though they were not performing to what I expected from my last ride. That is because I need to adjust them. They are much higher quality than the regular works and the extra adjustability really helps. I only have prelaod and comp adjust. Rebound on the front just takes away travel.

What I like about them is that they have about an inch more sag than stock. About maybe 1.5-2 inches when you are sitting on it depending on your pre load setting. This really helps in handling and you can ride alot faster with them. Within the next year I plan on sending them out to Derisi racing to get his Pro Millenium kit. That will make them like axis.

Hoodeye3
10-05-2002, 06:14 AM
Thanks NJ , they are built great and Im looking forward to getting out on them very soon. I was originaly going for the elka , houser set up but these were such a great deal i just couldnt pass on them and I also decided to go with the Herrmanns.