PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust?

bigjjohnson369
03-03-2007, 05:33 AM
i am thinking about buying this full exhaust, if i did, would i notice the power increase? and does anyone know about how many hp you get from it?

Race4Yamaha38
03-03-2007, 05:59 AM
i've heard that the slip on is good enough. my friend called yoshi and was talking to them about it and they said that the header doesn't give to much of a noticable different and to just get the slip on. i don't know how much hp gain u get though but its supposed to be a real good difference.

bigjjohnson369
03-03-2007, 12:15 PM
does anyone have this pipe that can tell me how it sounds and if its a good exhaust?

jfarrar30
03-03-2007, 03:06 PM
if you get one make sure you get the newstyle with the round endcap.the first (oval end) had issues when running with the sparky in and having a meltdown.the round is supposed to put out a lil more power as well.i got the old style on mine(waiting on the new).it sounds sweet and pulls hard.alot better mid and top over the uncorked stocker.i have he full system too

csimp3
03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
i have the new rs-5 and i like it alot, it sounds great and works great too, plus it looks cool

keith LT-R450
03-12-2007, 03:26 PM
i have the old RS5 and with a cherrybomb they are great. the bike sounds and feels altogether better. The down side of a Yoshi pipe is repacking and drilling the rivets every ten hours. DASA is supposed to make the most power and has reusable hardware when repacking. My 2pents

#3ltr450
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
I have the rs-5 and love it, also it was alot better for me then stock. I have the full RS-5.

suzukiray
03-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Do NOT waste your money on a slip on! No matter WHAT the desk/phone jockey at Yosh told you! I have a full system RS 5 & am happy with it. The DASA is supposed to make a horse or 2 more but I haven't put one on my bike & tried it. If I had it to do over I would probably still go Yosh because in the mountains here around SOCAL they are checking noise limits & I don't know what the DASA registers. Ray.

04TRX400EX
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
My buddy had a RS5 full-system on his LTR with a cherry bomb and liked it a lot. I got a chance to ride it at the track and liked how smooth it was. Then he switched to a full Dasa setup and OMG! That thing is incredible now! He can pull wheelies in 4th gear doing about 50mph. It sounds so good and he researched it for a long time and found out that the Dasa f/s puts out the most usable power. Plus, they look really good.

Reaster00
03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
According to all the pipe dynos ive seen the Yoshi, Dasa, and HMF all put out the same HP numbers. Now as far as where the power gain are may be a little different. I run the full RS-5 Stainless Steel System and dont have any complaints. It sounds really good and has a nice difference over stock.