PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP! does an '05 have an adjustable needle jet?

damian600
03-02-2007, 10:38 PM
2005 450r, Dasa exhaust, K&n, no lid. I am jetting right now. Is the stock needle adjustable? If not do I need to get an adjustable one.
I took the main jet out and its a 118. I was told to use a 185 main jet. Does that sound right? Is changing the pilot necessesary?

I am very close to sea level.

d3ktrix
03-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah the stock needle on the 05's is adjustable if i remember right.

And yes 185 main sounds good.

And while you have the carb all apart it would be a good time to bump the pilot up to a 50. The stock is a 48.
Its not really necessary, but if you end up with popping on decel in 1st through 3rd then you'll need to take it all apart again to bump the pilot up.

I have:
Full sparks
HRC kit w/ the open lid
stock filter

My jetting is:
185 MJ
HRC needle on middle clip
52 pilot

damian600
03-02-2007, 11:14 PM
thanks, where is the pilot jet? I cant seem to find a post with pictures? What clip should I put the stock needle on?

d3ktrix
03-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think most people that keep the stock needle when putting an exhaust on. Put the e-clip on the 4th notch from the top.

The pilot jet is right in front of the main underneath the float bowel.

You will need to tilt the carb and remove the float bowel to see it.

I'll see if I can find one of the jetting guilds that show it.

damian600
03-02-2007, 11:28 PM
ok thanks
is changing the pilot necessary?

rlplive
03-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by damian600
ok thanks
is changing the pilot necessary?
No it is not necessary unless your quad is popping on decel and dying, but it is worth a shot while you already have your carb off. I am running stock pilot 185 main, and hrc needle on the middle clip with a full system, cut airlid and it runs great with the stock foam or k&n. The hrc needle isn't a must have but it's an improvement for sure
Ryan

damian600
03-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
No it is not necessary unless your quad is popping on decel and dying, but it is worth a shot while you already have your carb off. I am running stock pilot 185 main, and hrc needle on the middle clip with a full system, cut airlid and it runs great with the stock foam or k&n. The hrc needle isn't a must have but it's an improvement for sure
Ryan well said, thanks Ryan! I am gonna ride it now and see how she runs.