PDA

View Full Version : need help!

ONEFASTR
03-02-2007, 09:41 PM
i installed my hrc kit on my 07 er today and runs awsome. i do have one issue it is a little hard to start, when you hit the starter i have to give it a little gas to start i did not have to do this before i set the decomp to factory spec and valves are set within spec. once she fires up runs and idles perfect.
any ideas?

lumi
03-02-2007, 10:49 PM
alright..

do not give it any gas during cranking... if u got a e-start, but for kickback reason for the cases for the kicker... nor dont crank for over 5 seconds at a time.

as for the hard starting, i would recommend raising the decomp. pressure and im sure it will start a whole bunch easier

good luck

-lumi

ONEFASTR
03-02-2007, 11:04 PM
when you say raise do you mean less clearance or more?

lumi
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
the larger the gap the more compression you build.. the smaller the gap the less compression.

u want a bit more compression. i would use a psi gauge to do this but the clerance can work good aswell.. but its sensitive so dont go crazy. most of the time the decomp is off or the quad wants a bit more comp... if u put too much comp for starting the battery will have a hard tim turning it over and u will know u went too far... if u dont put enough comp, the starter will spin fast and it can make a hard starting procedue, u want a happy middle with a bit biased on com side.

decomp is ONLY used for starting or cranking after that it history

-lumi

ONEFASTR
03-03-2007, 11:32 PM
thanks man that was it, ran it out a little bit at a time til it started the way it should. i havent even ridden this thing yet and tore it apart. start like now so i guess all thats left now is to see how it runs. ive allways ran 2-stroke til my ex now im hooked on 4, just need some time to learn how to work on them.