PDA

View Full Version : Shorty Levers

ShiftFMX
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I want to get shorty levers for my clutch and front brake. I just need the Levers, I have a MSR Adjust on the fly Perch.

Wheres a place to get them? Are they usually universal? I Checked out Rocky mountain, motosport and moto-man

mxdave28
03-03-2007, 09:43 AM
when i had my R i got mine through motosport and i think it was called the raptor shorty? hell its been a while since that

NacsMXer
03-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Most clutch levers are gonna be universal, but the front brake levers are going to be model-specific. I saw the pic of your snapped clutch cable and thought it looked like a MSR...guess I was right. I wouldn't mess with MSR clutch levers, they aren't the greatest quality. Several of my friends have run them and the easy pull design makes the cable rub on the adjuster making the lever hard to pull and eventually fray on you over time.

I would go with a ASV clutch perch/lever and front brake lever, you can't go wrong. I bought my front brake lever brand new but a lot of guys on here say you can buy refurbished units on Ebay for a cheaper price. From what I hear, they still look brand new after being "refurbished" by ASV :D