PDA

View Full Version : Ice Racing

louis
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Hello. How many people ever Ice race 250rs. There is a local race this weekend and I was planing to enter the rubber to ice class I just puchased some bandits (pure sports) does anyone know if these are good tires for the ice. The temp this weekend should be about -5 so it should be a great weekend. Is there any pointers for oval Ice Racing.

x.system
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Go fast, turn left :D

KY250r
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
if your running a studless tire hang on tite. are you running a sway bar or lowering kit? axles or a-arms. the wider and lower the better. just my 2 cnets. go have a blast man and remember to ride carefully ice is dangerous!

mineralgrey01gt
03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
start sliding at the middle of the straightaway and hope she makes it around the turn. Also get a vid of that, i never really saw that type of racing before

baseballplaya23
03-02-2007, 11:40 PM
well if i were you i wouldnt race if you arent using studs. Basically you will just sit there and spin your tires and rev the piss outta your motor. When i saw the ice races the semi-studded class barely got any traction. Good luck if you do race tho.

LT250Racer609
03-03-2007, 07:33 AM
I have done 3 years worth of Ice racing and its a blast. They make special tires that are designed to be studded for the ice, i have them and they hook great. They are Carlisle i believe and look like turf tammers but have a much harder rubber...the point to being setup on ice is 90% traction, and 10% suspension. Theres no point of even being out there if your not gonna hook up...after you get the tires studded and mounts (fronts as well) lower up your suspension to the point that your A-arms are parallel With the bottom of you frame, and try to do the same with your rear shock making your swingarm straight and parallel with your frame as well...your suspension will be very soft and you will be getting maximum width and traction,....good luck

Slinky
03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
like they've said, no point in ice racing unless your studded..also its not just about screwing in the studs and going...you wanna make sure your studds are positioned for traction. Your grooves should act like scoops in the ice....i tried running on the ice a couple weeks ago for fun without studs and it sucked!

jthunder31
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Yup!

Without studs is a little boring.

I just finished our 350PV 250R racer (THUNDERSPORTS) and ran it for the first several runs her in northern WI. Can't describe how well this set-up works.

I also promote our TT races in Northern WI and MN! We run Bikes, Studded ATVs and unstudded ATVs.

Check out www.northcoastracing.com for info on "how we roll"!

Some of you guys should come from MI, ND, SD, IA, Central WI and Canada to run our KING OF THE LAKE event next year in 2008! We had a great season this year and are working on an even better '08!

:D